Parenting 101

Help Support CattleToday:

0158201.gif
just a tad childish to do that to a computer, especially after paying out to fix it, should just have left it broken.

Do you really think this was the first hint of trouble? I guess he should have warned her yet again, huh?

I think the price of upgrading the laptop was worth the lesson he's teaching his kid. Far better than beating the kid.

As for the computer? It's a PC, old enough to be worth a couple of 6 packs before the upgrade. I doubt the daughter bought it. She apparently begged long enough to get him to upgrade it. Then choose to let everyone know how bad she is treated. It's a very cheap price if it provides improved understanding between the two.

My dad made it very clear as to how we'd handle finding out who is tougher. We could fight. The outcomes were explained in detail. Dad wins, it's over. If I won, it's also over. The minute I win, I move out. He explained that he was the boss in the house. He paid the bills as long as he's the boss. When I win, I would be expected to be out of the house within hours and he hoped I had a job lined up.

He died recently at 89 years old. We never did have that fight. :2cents:

If I'm an "I.T." guy like this man says he is, then I clean the hard drive and sell the laptop to get my money back or at least some of it.

chrisy":whyf9rw3 said:
0158201.gif
just a tad childish to do that to a computer, especially after paying out to fix it, should just have left it broken.

Apparently you have never shot a computer. I am planning on buying my work laptop when I retire so that I can run over it several times and THEN shoot it into little bits!

3waycross":2fobg9bc said:
chrisy":2fobg9bc said:
0158201.gif

Apparently you have never shot a computer. I am planning on buying my work laptop when I retire so that I can run over it several times and THEN shoot it into little bits!
Yeah but that is different, I think I would do the same in your case. If I had to sit at the thing and do laborious work for a living.

Don't kid yourself Chrisy. I woulda shot the little ingrate's computer also!

That girl's dad needs to move the family to the middle of nowhere and hand that little shytbird a hoe and some seeds and wish her well.

Latest posts