Panhandler Soil Penetrant

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbillycwo

Reaction score
My son being even more progressive than I am found this website: www.agnation.com and they are promoting this stuff. You spray it on at the rate of 8 ounces an acre and it is allegedly designed to make the soil more permeable to rain and nutrients which allows roots to go deeper and give you a better yeild. Was looking for testimonials of anyone who has used this.

Found this;
Panhandler Company: Ag Nation Products, P.O. Box 30127, East Canton, OH 44730
Ingredients: 58% ammonium laureth sulfate, 2% diapritine, 4% isopropanol
Claims: Reduces compaction; breaks up hard pan
Remarks: Apply 0.5-1 pt/A, depending on soil organic matter content

I have never herd of it. On a smaller scale we used liquid dish soap in flower beds.

novatech":3rx3434f said:
Found this;
Panhandler Company: Ag Nation Products, P.O. Box 30127, East Canton, OH 44730
Ingredients: 58% ammonium laureth sulfate, 2% diapritine, 4% isopropanol
Claims: Reduces compaction; breaks up hard pan
Remarks: Apply 0.5-1 pt/A, depending on soil organic matter content

I have never herd of it. On a smaller scale we used liquid dish soap in flower beds.
To break up caliche we just used vinegar

ammonium laureth sulfate is a surfactant as well as the biodegradable soap mentioned.

Surfactants help water permeate the soil. A surfactant is any material that substantially reduces the surface tension of water when used in very low concentrations.

In soils where it is difficult to get the soil to retain water, organic soap, added as a surfactant, causes the water molecules to "stick," or adhere, to the soil particles, increasing the amount of moisture absorbed by the plant roots.

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a scam. That would explain how they can claim a ton increase on yield from hay and pasture. I do have some hard pan in Kentucky. Rocks too!

hillbillycwo":3anzcw3a said:
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a scam. That would explain how they can claim a ton increase on yield from hay and pasture. I do have some hard pan in Kentucky. Rocks too!

I wouldn't get my hopes up on turning those rocks in permiable soil...... :)

hillbillycwo":kx7evr3u said:
My son being even more progressive than I am found this website: http://www.agnation.com and they are promoting this stuff. You spray it on at the rate of 8 ounces an acre and it is allegedly designed to make the soil more permeable to rain and nutrients which allows roots to go deeper and give you a better yeild. Was looking for testimonials of anyone who has used this.

8 ounces of soap sprayed on an acre is not going to do one doggoned thing.

Nothin happens without rain. Hope you folks in Texas get some soon!! Those fires look horrible. My prayers are going up for you all!

When it rains I won't have any problems with water penetrating down to 3 feet or more.....Mother nature takes care of that herself in this clay based soil....

Cracks_1.jpg

Cracks_2.jpg

Cracks_3.jpg

Cowpokes.jpg

john250":38hi4ea5 said:
hillbillycwo":38hi4ea5 said:
My son being even more progressive than I am found this website: http://www.agnation.com and they are promoting this stuff. You spray it on at the rate of 8 ounces an acre and it is allegedly designed to make the soil more permeable to rain and nutrients which allows roots to go deeper and give you a better yeild. Was looking for testimonials of anyone who has used this.

Right.........it is a scam.

john250":3pjgkkop said:
hillbillycwo":3pjgkkop said:

It's probably 8 gallons.

Hmm, not sure why someone who has never tried it would say it is a scam. Ya, I use it and it does work.......Try it for yourself and make sure you leave a place where you don't use it so you can see for yourself. I paid about $5 an acre i believe it was well worth it...

LRTX1":3i7nqaec said:
hillbillycwo":3i7nqaec said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up on turning those rocks in permiable soil...... :)
I'll be arich man if it can do that.

It is hard to believe that it would work. I'm not saying it will not work, just that it seems far fetched. The application is cheap enough I guess a person could experiment.

I did a search trying to find some reviews of the product. I was not successful. I did see the product hyped frequently by the supplier under a couple of different names. As for myself I will stick with the tried and proven until someone else finds this light under a bushel.

GrassGrazin":27jk542l said:
Hmm, not sure why someone who has never tried it would say it is a scam. Ya, I use it and it does work.......Try it for yourself and make sure you leave a place where you don't use it so you can see for yourself. I paid about $5 an acre i believe it was well worth it...
Do you sell it also??

Latest posts