Painting Equipment

Help Support CattleToday:

red angus 2010

Reaction score
I have always wanted to do my own painting of equipment we have, not for shows just as part of maintenance/ upkeep. I am looking at sand blasting using a pressure washer with abrasive. Power eagle makes a wand unit to draw medium in at the tip. I may have to purchase a gas cold water pressure unit as it needs about 3000 psi and 4 - 5 gpm. Nothing special with the paint setup just a siphon paint gun using automotive paint and primer, no booth just paint away from the machine shed. Long story to get to my question which is if I am taking equipment down to bare steel with water is anyone familiar with water soluble rust inhibitors that you could apply with a hand pump sprayer to prevent rust from forming or do I need to do it on a sunny day shoot it with air and let dry and immediately spray with etching primer. Thank you for the help.

I use OSPHO. Spray it on, leave it overnight and a white dust forms. Just brush this off and paint away.

I'd use an acid wash over bare metal then etch w epoxy primer. It won't rust overnight even if it's real humid before you etch prime it in case you can't etch it right after you prep it.

Latest posts