Ozark Bermudagrass

Help Support CattleToday:

Mid South Guy

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this hybird? Have read a lot about it but don't know anyone who has sprigged it. It was released in 2005 jointly by the Noble Foundation, Univ. of Missouri, Univ. of Ark, and OK State. Claims to be the most cold tolorent hybird availble for northern OK, Southern 1/3 of MO, Ark, TN, NC and Southern VA. Baiscally adapted for the northern half of the transistion zone between warm season and cool season grasses. A cross between Coastal and a common found in Yugosolvia. Yields are supposed to be comparable to Coastal or better. Thinking I might want to sprigg some next year, but want to hear from some people that have grown it before I invest that kind of expense. I have an old stand of Midland that does ok but not great.

I have never raised any but thinking about sprigging some this spring, i'm in east Arkansas and there is a farm about 45 miles NW of me that has sprigs for sale.

we have 40 ac of ozark that i dug sprriggs out of for several years kept a certifed stand until about 2 years agao.( spriggs got to cheap here when the fly be night spriggers got to diging out of any kind of bermud and calling it a certian kind] the ozark is a good grass with the right progam.it will green up apx 2 weeks before the minland 99 we have 160 ac of the 99 both made about 5 ton this year in se kansas

Latest posts