Owners manual

Help Support CattleToday:

Steve Banks

Reaction score
Would anyone have or know where I can get a manual for a John Deere disk, I'm not entirely sure but I think it is a model 12. ( it is an 8 ft. cut, cyl. lift and old.) the back gangs are held up by chains on the outside ends.
If doesn,t anybody have one or knows where I can get one, I will contact John Deere.

You could try Jensales at http://www.jensales.com I think. They have old manuals for just about everything and stuff they can't get from the companies anymore they can reprint. Getting one for an implement may be quite a feat though.

Just curious, why do you need a manual on it?? A disk is pretty simple piece of equipment. Sounds like if it has chains holding up the rear gangs it must be a museum piece. I think I saw one of those in the History of JD Equipment Volume I or something. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with museum pieces I run more than a few myself; old stuff usually built better and definitely cheaper than new. You may have a job finding that manual though... Good luck! OL JR :)

Good luck getting any of the model specific parts, we still have one of those things here and we still use it occasionaly, we have had to do custom repairs.

I am using an old JD 4 furrow plow and needed to replace some reset parts.

I asked the fellow at the parts counter to print me the schematics he was getting my parts numbers from.

Not being any type of mechanical wizard I doubt if I could have completed those repairs without the diagrams.

Cost of bearings and springs - $120.00
Cost of impact socket to fit large nut - $15.00
Walking out of a JD dealership with something free - PRICELESS!

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts