Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRider

Reaction score
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states
and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin
.... Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth
largest army in the world.

(That's more men under arms than in Iran .. More than France and
Germany combined.)

These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin
, to hunt with firearms, And NO ONE WAS KILLED.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of
Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, ALL OF WHOM HAVE RETURNED
HOME SAFELY.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally
establishes the fact that the Hunters of those four states alone would
comprise the largest army in the world.

And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.

________ The point? ________

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of
home-grown firepower! Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the
freezer.

It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought, when next we consider gun control. Overall it's true,
so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same
skills as soldiers, the question would still remain... What army of 2
million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed
citizens??? For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control
or confiscation of guns.

(If you agree, as I do, pass it on, I feel good that I have an army of
millions who would protect our land and I sure don't want the
government taking control of the possession of firearms)

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses, Run by idiots!

TexasBred":21x2feu4 said:
Not to mention another 1.5 million in Texas for "reserves".
Good to know you got them 530,000 in Tennessee in case ya'll need help again. :cowboy:

and if it was up to George Soros they would be hunting with an atl atl by this time next year.

Caustic Burno":1wurmxvn said:
TexasBred":1wurmxvn said:
Not to mention another 1.5 million in Texas for "reserves".

Not to count how many more most of us could arm.
That 1.5 million is just the ones that bought regular resident hunting license.

There's a big flaw there..
you're adding up deer licenses.... I would guess you could apply for more than 1? or in more than 1 state?

Also get real with the largest army in the world.. China especially, but probably India as well could have FAR more..

Perhaps you didn't know that Switzerland is a militia army, and any man between 20 and 50 is in it, I believe with a rifle and ammo at home.. Population is 7 million, so I think you could safely say there's a few million armed people there.. and if you look at the size of it, that's a pretty high density

Nesikep":3la5rm5o said:
you're adding up deer licenses.... I would guess you could apply for more than 1? or in more than 1 state?

Also get real with the largest army in the world.. China especially, but probably India as well could have FAR more..

Perhaps you didn't know that Switzerland is a militia army, and any man between 20 and 50 is in it, I believe with a rifle and ammo at home.. Population is 7 million, so I think you could safely say there's a few million armed people there.. and if you look at the size of it, that's a pretty high density
Bring 'em on...

Nesikep":8i4itlaa said:
Nearly half of the 1,200 Texas voters polled, or a member of the polled person's family, own at least one gun, results showed.

That's a lot of gun owners.

The pollsters then asked further questions of the 44 percent who fell into the gun-owning categories, and things got even more interesting.

According to the poll, 19 percent of the gun owners had just a single gun....but single guns are for wimps. If you're going to be a gun owner, then be a gun owner: 44 percent owned from two to five guns.

Twenty percent -- one in five Texan gun owners -- packed more than five guns. Most ominously of all, 17 percent of those polled answered "prefer not to say." We assume that last group also has an impressive collection of beans, jugs of water and many non-perishable foods.

Why do they own (so, so many) guns? The poll showed 44 percent cited "protection" and 19 percent hunting or sport shooting. Fair enough.

But let's do some extrapolating. There were 13,646,226 Texans who voted in 2012.

The poll says 44 percent of Texas voters, or a family member, own a gun -- that would be a little over six million people. (Yikes.)

Of that 44 percent, two percent -- a little over 120,000 Texans -- said the reason they own a gun is "Second Amendment right," to quote the poll exactly.

One hundred twenty thousand Texans own a gun simply to make a constitutional point?

Texas, our Texas, all hail the mighty state.

(Note: All advanced math skills learned from Sr. Agnes Mary, a nun universally known as "Crazy Aggie," so don't blame me for mistakes.)

Nesikep":2bzcehhj said:

Nesi I like you a lot and respect your point of view. BUT if you think that the avg American gun owner and yes there are millions of us would hesitate to shoot an intruder in this country then you do not understand us very well.

You can look at this any way you want but as a nation we are armed to the teeth and we will kill you if we feel threatened or worse yet are attacked. There is a reason the Japanese never tried to invade America, I believe the quote was that there was an armed man behind every blade of grass.

3waycross":2axw3c14 said:
Nesikep":2axw3c14 said:

Nesi I like you a lot and respect your point of view. BUT if you think that the avg American gun owner and yes there are millions of us would hesitate to shoot an intruder in this country then you do not understand us very well.

You can look at this any way you want but as a nation we are armed to the teeth and we will kill you if we feel threatened or worse yet are attacked. There is a reason the Japanese never tried to invade America, I believe the quote was that there was an armed man behind every blade of grass.

I know several that could arm a platoon.

Nesikep":3d97x3p4 said:

Ask Japan what happen when they pointed a gun at us.

Awoke the sleeping dragon.

highgrit":33rijw0r said:
Guns are no better than sticks without bullets.

Or a rock in a pistol.

One of the reason's I took up reloading years ago.
It is relaxing as well on those cold rainy winter days after season,
or on those blistering summer afternoons.

That is one of the reasons the TCM 22mag has peaked my interest a reloadable 22.

Dun probably remembers the 22 LEE re-loader of the 60's.
Priming the rim fire worked only about 75% of the time.

3waycross":1harmyxn said:
Nesikep":1harmyxn said:

I was only going with numbers.. and in ANY conflict, there's always home turf advantage. Switzerland didn't keep it's sovereignty without it's share of conflicts and attempted invasion for 725 years without some effort ;)

I think vietnam, perhaps even afghanistan were examples of the kind of resistance you can face when invading someone else's turf, even when you have superior firepower.

Yeah, and avoids alliances that might entail military, political, or direct economic action and has been neutral since the end of its expansion in 1515 but they let the French conquer them, and they've played the neutral card again since 1860.
When you lose against the French, I guess it hurts for a long long time..

You can look at this any way you want but as a nation we are armed to the teeth and we will kill you if we feel threatened or worse yet are attacked. There is a reason the Japanese never tried to invade America, I believe the quote was that there was an armed man behind every blade of grass.[/quote]

I was only going with numbers.. and in ANY conflict, there's always home turf advantage. Switzerland didn't keep it's sovereignty without it's share of conflicts and attempted invasion for 725 years without some effort ;)

I think vietnam, perhaps even afghanistan were examples of the kind of resistance you can face when invading someone else's turf, even when you have superior firepower.[/quote]

Wow!!! The insults never stop with you do they. I could see you having an attitude if it was driven by nationalism but it's not and we both know it........and for the record no one who would or could invade us would have superior firepower.
BTW we all know that those famous Swiss you like to brag on profited greatly on the deaths of 6 million Jews funny that you don't seem to need to brag on that aspect of their famous neutrality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts