Our weekend went well

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We took our kids out for our county fair this weekend, and thought I would share some photos of their cattle and how they did. There was around 80 head of cattle there, and it was wet and muddy everywhere!
This photo is my oldest, 16, Rebekah, showing her bred and owned heifer FSSR Grand Grace. She is a bred and owned, and my daughter AI'd her dam for this calf. She is a February, bred 30 days to Upgrade, and won Champion Simmental Heifer in a very competitive group. My daughter was ecstatic when she was selected for champion, this is her favorite heifer.
IMG_8608.JPG

This next photo is my middle daughter, 11, actually winning the Reserve Grand Champion % Simmental heifer award. The judge really liked her heifer. She is a March 3/4 blood (1/4 angus) sired by Upgrade.
gem_reserve.jpg

gem_lcf.jpg

This next photo is one of our bulls, a 3/4 blood (1/8 angus, 1/8 Maine) sired by Make It Rain. He has been undefeated so far this year, and once again won Champion % Simmental Bull.
IMG_8563.JPG

This next one, both of my kids are showing in showmanship. We learned at this fair to never let them go in behind each other. My middle daughter kept telling her younger brother what to do and how to do it! Not a wise idea in showmanship :shock:
IMG_8587.JPG

Here is my son showing his heifer, FSSR Faith Above. She is a purebred April heifer sired by Cut Above.
IMG_8568.JPG

This last picture is my daughter's carcass steer for this year. He is a bred and owned, and is sired by Built Right (3/4 blood, his MGS is BC Lookout). He currently weighs 1200 pounds, and all of the carcass steers in the contest will be processed next month where the kids really get to see what the yields are for their hard work feeding a steer for a year!
IMG_8518.JPG

My son and oldest daughter also showed market hogs, and my daughter won Reserve Champion market hog and senior showmanship. So we were blessed with a great day and lots of awards for good animals. My kids were beat by the time they got home, but have been chatting about the fair since we got home. They really like this time of year with all the fairs.
Thanks for letting me share!!!!

Very nice. Your children look happy. What a pleasure to see that. I like your son's heifer. Those face markings really set her off. I am very partial to some white on the head.

Latest posts