our future

Help Support CattleToday:

Yea that chit don't fly for me.........but I hear they have a plant up near Lorena on I35 and are using the reclaimed water to make with the concrete for the I35 road expansion. Now that makes sense.

A predictable development since all the clean water from underground aquifers is needed to irrigate corn for ethanol production.

Water has been a fight here for generations. I'd be thrillied to see our metropolitan areas live on only reclaimed water... Maybe it would make them think twice about moving into a desert and demanding two showers a day, golf courses, and a yard that gets watered daily even when it's raining.

Florida has had reclaimed water for over a decade in some places. Not for drinking but irrigation of all the wasted subdivision grass. In some places it costs 10 bucks a month for all you want to use.

When I was married to an LA girl and visiting there for Christmas most years (1980's) there was ALWAYS a water crisis. Still, in her father's subdivision the sprinklers would rise from the ground every morning and sprinkle until the water ran down the gutters.

I remember back when the salt river( runs through the valley in Phx area) actually used to run. It hasn't run in almost 20 years from what I hear. But the valley has golf courses every where you look that require irrigation

Was chatting with my step mom a while back and in Aussie land or at least Queensland, they recycle water all the time. It is regular thing there and the water if I remember correctly is used for household stuff. They also have systerns (sp) to catch water for household use as well.

Well, since Houston gets it's drinking and industrial water mostly from Lake Livingston and Dallas discharges it's treated sewer water into the Trinity River that was dammed to make that lake, I guess it's accurate to say Houston has been drinking Dallas's pee for several decades now.

In my area the towns (2-6000 pop) pump water from the river above town and pump the treated sewer back into the river on the down side,,,the neighbor down stream does the same and on and on....Maybe one reason why bottled water has become popular over the last few years?

My sewer runs threw my spetic field, then it out into feild where it fillters threw the grass 200 yards away into the creek. Which that creek runs back to the lake where my water comes from. Been doing it for 50 years, and it is legal. Most treated sewer systems around here end up back to their place of orgin..probably the reason we never went on a water restriction during the drought.