Opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_telly_369

Reaction score
He's 2 1/2 months old, bottle fed since day 1.

4_12_2010_2_5_months.jpg

Kryptonite2.png

Nice calf. That should help to put the rest the deakl about a bottle calf doesn;t grow well and is potty looking

Thanks, just takes finding the right milk replacer to use to get them to grow the same. My sister has been taking care of him since I was due Monday and still haven't had the little one. She's been sure not to let him get his way with things.

Very well cared for bottle calf, your sister has done a good job! Why is he a bottle calf?

Good luck with the baby, keep us posted.

that is a popping good calf to be two and a half months old.

I have never in my life raise a bottle calf that did that well.

please share the secret of the milk replacer.

also some information about the calf.

Sure doesnt look like a bottle baby, good job. Nice pin, is he purebred?

Very nice calf, has a great start. Good luck with your baby, let us know when he finally shows up. We are only about 30 miles a part.... how come you have all that grass? mine not half that tall yet.

Alan

KNERSIE":4iry7vrb said:
Very well cared for bottle calf, your sister has done a good job! Why is he a bottle calf?

Good luck with the baby, keep us posted.

His mom went down, for awhile we were able to lift her, until she got an infection in her leg. The vet said to give her Penicillin, which we did. However, she wouldn't put weight on it when she was lifted after the leg had swelled and after the swelling went down. We knew she was pregnant, so sister & grandpa went out and checked her at midnight and she had the feet sticking out and pulled him.

pdfangus":4iry7vrb said:
that is a popping good calf to be two and a half months old.

I have never in my life raise a bottle calf that did that well.

please share the secret of the milk replacer.

also some information about the calf.

He's a purebred, I'm hoping to show him later this year. I'm planning on registering him. His mom his Miss AJPR Karlena, who originally came from Washington. His sire is Chancellor Von Bergstadt, a fullblood who also originally came from Washington.
He's on Land O Lakes Amplifier Max for milk replacer.

Alan":4iry7vrb said:
Very nice calf, has a great start. Good luck with your baby, let us know when he finally shows up. We are only about 30 miles a part.... how come you have all that grass? mine not half that tall yet.

Alan

Sierra took the pictures down further on Hwy 30, where we only have one calf, the goats, chickens, and duck right now. The main herd is still getting fed hay since the grass hasn't come up much yet.

dun":18fgyfu1 said:
Nice calf. That should help to put the rest the deakl about a bottle calf doesn;t grow well and is potty looking

Yes. Except some folks are just set in the thoughts. You can't change their minds.

Nice job on that calf.

Latest posts