opinions on mahindra tractors?

Help Support CattleToday:

whippoorwill":1zdd6gsd said:
does anyone have opinions on mahindra tractors? good or bad. thanks,have a great day. :)

I believe it to be the largest and seller of tractors in the world. Growing strong in India, Australia, China and starting to be in the US of A and Canada.

There will be the usual naysayers because of the traditional blue, green and red operators on this continent. However most of the tractors we see in the field today are produced in places like India, Pakistan, China and Mexico. Yeah, even that worshipped, heart of America, green tractor has many if not most parts produced off shore and in fact is a big employer in India now. I believe all of Deere small tractors are produced completely off shore - the larger ones are only assembled in the US of A. Might not be completely right on this but I bet I am close.

If it works, has horsepower, has the accessories you need, is in your budget and most important - has good dealer service near by - then all of us and our opinions really do not matter a hill of beans.

Rent one for 100 hours of farm use - if you like it - buy it and reduce the price by the rental cost. If you do not like it - then the money was well spent wasn't it?

I used to sell a pile of tractors this way - if the dealer will not do it you do not want to deal there.

Best to you

Bez

The engine is the only dependable thing on it. Everything else will fall apart.

A friend of mine has one. It's a tough lil tractor;). Last time I inspected it I noticed the loader arm was cracked around one of the pins/welds. I would blame most of that on abuse and the rest on cheap steal/manufacturing. The thing I despise about it is their isn't enough room in the station. Its pretty uncomfortable.

I liked a 30hp version I wanted to use to cut my grass with im 6'2 and 260lbs it wasnt comfortable at all. just to tag along on king fisher but im sure its a nice tractor otherwise.

It's about like a heavy weight Long/FarmTrac. Not very refind and the metal seems to be just a little lower quality

Dun, I agree my long i use for my business and cutting my grass the loader has cracked a number of times on it i had to reinforce the whole loader.

skyhightree1":f08x9e6i said:
Dun, I agree my long i use for my business and cutting my grass the loader has cracked a number of times on it i had to reinforce the whole loader.
Mine the brackets for the radiator broke and the rod for the clutch stretched to the point that it broke. While it was stretching I had to adjust the clutch every week or 2.

that sux never had that issue but man everytime you cut in tall grass or dusty places the radiator screen gets clogged and it starts to over heat that is really what ticked me off.

skyhightree1":20yfokbb said:
that sux never had that issue but man everytime you cut in tall grass or dusty places the radiator screen gets clogged and it starts to over heat that is really what ticked me off.
The worst part to me was the hydraulics bleeding down while you were using the tractor. Darn near got thrown over the wood one day when the bucket bled down low enough that it caught a rise and came to a real abupt stop. Also the bruchhog kept digging in becaue the 3 pt would bleed down

dun":1ucizce4 said:
skyhightree1":1ucizce4 said:
The worst part to me was the hydraulics bleeding down while you were using the tractor. Darn near got thrown over the wood one day when the bucket bled down low enough that it caught a rise and came to a real abupt stop. Also the bruchhog kept digging in becaue the 3 pt would bleed down

i had that issue when I bought it and took it back never had problem again. Mine did exact same thing.

skyhightree1":25zhx4bj said:
dun":25zhx4bj said:
skyhightree1":25zhx4bj said:

i had that issue when I bought it and took it back never had problem again. Mine did exact same thing.
Mine went a half a dozen times, never got it fixed. Didn;t start till it had 100 hours or so on it

After it was out of warranty they did replace the left front spindle for no charge that snapped while I was raking. There was a huge chunk of crap in the middle of the casting right where it broke. The guy fixing it in the hay field (took a month to get the part) got poed because the loader wouldn;t hold the front end up while he was trying to get the old one off and the new one on. Figured it served him right for not being able to fix the dam hydraulics in the first place.

dun did you have my same tractor but my spindle did that on the right when i was using a box blade grading a yard lol I had to pay for mine and it wasnt cheap i want to say around 300.00 bucks and yea it did take a while to get the part in then i drove to nc to get it.

skyhightree1":11hs2iul said:
dun did you have my same tractor but my spindle did that on the right when i was using a box blade grading a yard lol I had to pay for mine and it wasnt cheap i want to say around 300.00 bucks and yea it did take a while to get the part in then i drove to nc to get it.
Could have been. When I traded it in it sat at the dealers for 3 years. They finally hauled it to another lot and it sold the next day. The reason they fixed it was because it was obviously a P poor part and it wasn;t my fault, plus I knew the dealer personaly. They actually had some guy from headquarters look at the part before they agreed to fix it for free

skyhightree1":no85fvct said:
wow my dealer was out of business and i ordered it from tarboro nc if i remember correct
Our dealer went out of business too. But his was because his entore building burned to the ground and he didn;t have enough insurance to cover everything, including the customer tractors that were in the shop. The insuraance did build him a really nice building that he sold for enough to cover what he owed everyone.

I bought a Mahindra 4500 about 8 or 9 years ago. Ran it about 5 years and never had a minutes trouble with it. Very strong hydraulics, easily moved large round bales. I was talking to a "former" Mahindra dealer the other day and it seems a lot of the smaller dealers are under a lot of pressure from Mahindra now to keep many more units in stock AND sell more. That was why he shut it down. Said they wanted him to stock 30 all the time and that was more than he sold in a year.

I know two peoe that bought small fleets to put into commercial use. It was like they were made out of glass. They stayed broke down. I know one or two weekend warriors that have one, and get along with them just fine.

I don't own one and probably won't, but i know of sevarel and i guess they are ok. one guy has about a 65hp 4x4 and has baled about 2000 bales a year with it for a while and has never had much trouble. another is a utilty company that has some to brushog power line easments with and they abuse them and they are getting along alright to i guess.

Latest posts