Opening weekend of deer season

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
Here it is opening weekend of deer season usually have a doe and a 140 class buck or better by now but am too sick to even go tried it for a little while yesterday morning and felt so bad I said forget it and came back to the house
Wife has seen three just checking cows that would go around 150 and I can't even get excited about going

Thanks ILH for giving me your cold :lol: :lol:

Angus Cowman":11k9fuko said:
Here it is opening weekend of deer season usually have a doe and a 140 class buck or better by now but am too sick to even go tried it for a little while yesterday morning and felt so bad I said forget it and came back to the house
Wife has seen three just checking cows that would go around 150 and I can't even get excited about going

Thanks ILH for giving me your cold :lol: :lol:

They were really moving around here this morning I'm north of you I took a poor racked buck out of the breeding ring, saw several does , took him to processors they had something like 75 yesterday, and at 12:30 already had 160 today so they were moving, hope you get to feeling better quick! DFF

Best opening weekend I have had in 15 years and all I shot was 2 doe. I took my 4 1/2 year old for his first true deer hunt. He was armed with his Red Rider BB gun. On Sat. we saw 33 doe and 6 bucks, one of which was a 135 class 8 point that I let walk past at less then 25 yards after watching him for over 30 minutes. This is the second season for a box blind with all the extras including a heater and it is a great place for a 4 year old who is so excited he can't sit still (and when its as cold and windy as it was this weekend). On Sunday morning we had a doe in front of us at less then 20 yards and I opened the window up and let my son shoot at her with his BB gun and he hit her on the first shot. The doe wouldn't run away and he got to keep shooting for a long time hitting her several times before he finally made enough noise that she left. He is telling the story to anyone and everyone who will listen. It was so cool to see the excitement in his eyes that I had 25 years ago about deer hunting. Our weekend total on deer was 41 doe and 11 different bucks (couple of the little bucks were seen 3 or 4 times). I know alot of the doe were also seen many times but its to hard to tell them apart. I hunt in an area that is over run with deer but that is an all time high on numbers. When he said his prayers Friday night he asked to see deer and for me to get one and on sunday night he thanked God for all the deer we saw. I could keep going on about the funny little things he did and said but I won't bore you anymore but what a great weekend.

Latest posts