Only in Florida!

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Woman's Hair Catches Fire, Spreads To House

POSTED: 9:22 am EDT May 24, 2006
UPDATED: 9:24 am EDT May 24, 2006

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- A St. Augustine woman is in stable condition after her hair caught on fire, then her house.

Ollie Jones' daughter said her mother was reading by candlelight when the fire started. The candle apparently fell from a shelf and lit her hair on fire.

Neighbors were able to help douse her head and she was taken to the hospital.

Firefighters have put out the fire, which burned about 30 percent of the house.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Yeah go ahead and laugh. If that had happened in Tenn it would have burned the whole trailer park down. :lol:

It is sad though really. it is so dry. A friend at work was telling me yesterday, his neighbor was edging the driveway, and the blade threw a spark as it hit the concrete and didnt realize it. Turned around and the grass was on fire, caught a bush on fire, right next to the house. Fortunately he was able to get the fire out with the garden hose. incredible. We need rain. PLEASE!!

flaboy-":dqv5jm9y said:
Yeah go ahead and laugh. If that had happened in Tenn it would have burned the whole trailer park down. :lol:

Touche'

You got me.........Wait a minute............you got Crowder! :lol:

MikeC":2i1l23zq said:
flaboy-":2i1l23zq said:

Touche'

You got me.........Wait a minute............you got Crowder! :lol:

You noticed. :lol:

RebelCritter":388wyho5 said:
It is sad though really. it is so dry. A friend at work was telling me yesterday, his neighbor was edging the driveway, and the blade threw a spark as it hit the concrete and didnt realize it. Turned around and the grass was on fire, caught a bush on fire, right next to the house. Fortunately he was able to get the fire out with the garden hose. incredible. We need rain. PLEASE!!

want our rain it has not stopped since I got back, we have had about 6 inches everyday, and they still say we have a drought. that we need a wet summer, I hope not sun and more sun is what I want.

That is about the same story Richard Pryor gave when his hair caught on fire, isn't it?

Latest posts