On a Roll

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Now that I have introduced my Uncle Moo, I will tell another one. Uncle Moo grew up in Newport, Ky as a teenager but his roots were in the hills of KY on the Ohio River near Maysville, Ky where I now reside. When my grandfather moved the family to Newport, Ky the US was in the midst of the Great Depression of the 1930s. My grandfather, Stanley Mitchell, got a job at Interlake Steel which was much better than taking canned food as payment for his services as an evangelical preacher in the hills of KY. But times were hard. My Uncle said he and his best friend, Red Swisher, observed that an older couple in the neighborhood would put their milk and fresh apple pie on a window sill at night to stay cool. Red and my Uncle would wait until they went to bed and steal it. They would retreat to the top of a hill over looking the bright lights of Newport and enjoy their captured goods. Well the folks got tired of losing their goods and spiked the milk with croton oil. Unaware that they had taken the bait, Red and Uncle Moo took their captured goods to the hilltop again. They barely got the milk down until the croton oil hit them. They spent the rest of the night squated over a log with their pants down and smoking cigarettes rolled with bull durham tobacco. Everytime they thought they could get their pants up, the urge would hit them again.

Latest posts