olympics

Help Support CattleToday:

user1

Reaction score
After watching all the things on the Olympics I was wondering when they would have the Synchronized Paint Drying on

How much longer are they gong to go on? Sure tired of all the hoopla

I wouldn't mind watching some events if they would play them in their entirity and have a schedule. But this hopping around is too much. The scoring events are one person waiting for the other to flub up.

I hear the USA v Canada womens soccer (futbol) game was a thriller--if you like metric football.
Womens beach volleyball finals are tonight. Nuff said.
Synchronized anything just makes me scratch my head and ask WHY?

I was ticked they didn't show the equestrian events. That is a lot better to watch than swimmers doing laps back and forth in the pool, at least I think so. And it is the only sport where the women and men compete against each other so that makes it unique.

MO_cows":3eltf0y1 said:
I was ticked they didn't show the equestrian events. That is a lot better to watch than swimmers doing laps back and forth in the pool, at least I think so. And it is the only sport where the women and men compete against each other so that makes it unique.
They had some of that on earlier today.
I love the olympics. Not all but a lot of it.
Those athletes demonstrate qualities of excellence and commitment that is uplifting and inspirational.

When I was a kid a speech by a former olympian showed me things about what a person can do that I would not have realized otherwise. It changed my life. That speech was one of those defining moments in my life.
I love the olympics.

I enjoy the mens gymnastics, and womens too, although some of the gals just looked kind of ornery, and I think when 2 people tie they should give them each a medal, The France girl lost her Bronze after the American coach asked for a investigation, and they changed the gals score, then took it out to the thousands place to break the 3rd place tie, didn't seem right to me at all-
I also like the track and field, they make it looks o easy to jump and run hurdles, and they are some very in shape people

I love the olympics! unfortunately we don't get the channel that has it.

When I was a kid I remember it was on all the major networks, CBS, NBC and ABC. If you weren't interested in what was going on in one venue (channel)you could switch channels to see something else. I miss that.

Katherine

Ryder":3lkc3ssx said:
One new event I have not seen, but I don't have to see it to know I am against it.
That is women's boxing. That just ain't right. :mad:
I think I have to agree with you, it just ain't right!! :roll:

I kinda liked the bicycle wrecks--I mean races--and the American girl that shot 99 out of 100 in skeet. "room for improvement" is about all she had to say about it.

greybeard":21bf5ccl said:
I kinda liked the bicycle wrecks--I mean races--and the American girl that shot 99 out of 100 in skeet. "room for improvement" is about all she had to say about it.
In preparation she shot 500 to 1000 rounds a day 7 days a week. That's a lot of shooting.

yippee...it's all over for a fortnight then the Para lot start, I have not seen one bit of it thankfully only one channel on the TV decided to take it over, and not all the major ones like normal. What a lot of tripe Lord Coe dished out I heard on the radio today, we have no money for the things the Country needs but we can find millions for this, we are told we are in a double dip recession and we can afford this crap, go figure. as you can see I am not a sports fan.

All that said Chrisy, Britain did a great job of running the Olympics and hopefully the extra development will hel the surrounding neighborhoods, or whatever you call them. :clap:

melking":itfrqdj0 said:
All that said Chrisy, Britain did a great job of running the Olympics and hopefully the extra development will hel the surrounding neighborhoods, or whatever you call them. :clap:
No it wont as they are going to sell it off to the private sector who will develop it into flats for the rich, and most of it will be torn down and used as park land where before it was good affordable housing, and also the local Soccer Club, West Ham want the stadium as there grounds, and as they don't want the running track around the outside left to be duel purpose the officials are dragging their feet into what they will do. as with all things in this Country they don't seem to know what to do with things after the advent, much like the biggest flop of all the Millenium Dome, the lay person will but not the powers that be, the people signed a petition to keep the grounds open for a few weeks after the games, so as those that didn't get to see it when the games were on could go and pay to go in and see it, and they said no. There goes another money spinner, that could have gone towards the bill of building it. It seems the local people will loose out again. Well enough of my ranting, as this really does make my blood boil.
ps after writing this a programme came on about the legacy that the Olympics would leave for London, and they said it will be twenty years before it is seen, and as one man from the area said 'It won't pay the morgage or educate his kids, and it wont mean anything in the long run'. These games have cost us £10billion and who will benefit. And all they are talking about is how it will make kids do more sport, for about a week or a month and then something new will come along and only a few will keep it up, ask most Londoners and they will say it has nothing for us except cost us money.

john250":skrfcpyj said:
But the Spice Girls re-union was epic.

The fireworks were nice, but I culda done without seeing The Who.......

I guess I'm the odd guy out--I enjoyed what I saw of the Olympics.
What's not to like about beating the Chicoms in gold and total medal count?

Latest posts