Oliovia again

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
So, any suggestions on a dairy bull to breed Olivia with. This will be her 4th calf. I was thinking about a Red and White Holstein. Does that make any sense.

You won't get a r/w calf unless Olivia carries red... up to you though.

Who's your AI rep? if it's Select Sires, then get your hands on one of their catalogues and pick a bull that complements her. So far you haven't given us much info to go on... what type of calf do you want? a heifer that milks more or less than her dam? better udder? better conformation? more white or less white on her body? With the bulls available now it's like a design-your-own-cow game. :p

lancemart":1i5x8w46 said:
So, any suggestions on a dairy bull to breed Olivia with. This will be her 4th calf. I was thinking about a Red and White Holstein. Does that make any sense.

Sounds good Lance.I would choose a Holstein that carries the red factor (I like September Storm) that is a calving ease bull and is strong on udder attachment(fore and rear), and feet and legs.

Go through your suppliers catalog and see what is there for you and what catches your eye and then re post with what you are thinking of.

Also post a pic of Olivia.

If you are looking for a specific type of bull I would go with Holstein or Jersey. They are by far the most popular dairy breeds in the US so you would have lots of bulls to choose from.

I still don't understand why you want to breed her to a dairy bull, though. Isn't she Hereford?

Latest posts