older house trailers...grrr

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
We have had two roof leaks, two more on the way, a ceiling which is about to cave in, and a kitchen sink which will not drain. Hubby really does not want to go under the house which is only two feet ground to floor and it is -27 C and he has to travel on his belly to go from one end of the house to the other. To top all thing the pipe is almost 50 ft long and full of twist and turns in the first 20 ft of pipe which only travels about 5 ft in length..that made no sense. Add to that flooring which is about to give away along the walls (headboard of the spare bed went through the floor and is now sitting on 2x10s to both seal the hole and keep the bed steady. Then, the outside siding buckled exposing the insulation. A trailer has the inner wall, insulation, and the outside siding.
Not complaining really, just venting...with 20 or so feet of snake in the kitchen pipes...now back to the pipes. Thanks for listening

atleast the wood heat keeps us warm

Well look on the bright side you have a computer and internet service. :bang:

My first year teaching ag, we rented an old house trailer and when it got cold, we couldn't keep the mice out or the heat in.

opps not so good, my rental is a brick built about 120 years old, just had to rip out the plaster and inject the walls to stop the water going up the walls. Rising damp does a lot of damage. No need to replace the insulation as there is none.

Stay cozy in your home :D

I was feeling sorry for myself last night. Thanks for listening. Hubby came home from his board meeting and witnessed me in the kitchen with a 50 foot snake, half in the line, oven door off so i could open the cupboard, contents of cupboard strewn on the floor and pails of water.
Today, the pipe is fixed!
I was feeling rough due to lack of sleep and the leaks in the roof and the drain happened a few days apart. thanks for listening
RR

Latest posts