Old music

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
I put on some old cassette tapes today. First time I've listened to them in ages. They sound terrible. Does anyone know where I can get old country music albums on CDs? I sure hate to get rid of all these old albums. But I don't have a cassette player in the car anymore. :(

Most sound engineers (the guy's who run the mixers for bands) will have the equipment. It won't be as good as the CD you buy because he is recording from your album. But it can be done.

We had several old reel to reel tapes of old family music transposed to CDs. It wasn't all that expensive to do.

How old is old? You might try amazon.com. I've gotten CD's of music recorded in the 60's and 70's from them. I'm not sure if they have stuff further back than that.

Van I got a Marty Robbins CD of his album Gun Fighter Ballads.
Some stores will look to see if they can get them for you. I got mine at Hastenings.

Do you still have the vinyl albums or only cassettes? There are some free software programs out there that let you hook a record player or cassette player to your computer then you can edit the scratchy stuff out and convert to cds or digital files.

It's not real hard but you need to be comfortable with the computer and it does take some time to learn it and get the procedure down. I did a "campaign" piece for a board I ran for a couple years ago - took a cassette recording and made it onto a cd. Let me know and I can look up what I used.

Hippie Rancher":1kpzs1ti said:
Do you still have the vinyl albums or only cassettes? There are some free software programs out there that let you hook a record player or cassette player to your computer then you can edit the scratchy stuff out and convert to cds or digital files.

It's not real hard but you need to be comfortable with the computer and it does take some time to learn it and get the procedure down. I did a "campaign" piece for a board I ran for a couple years ago - took a cassette recording and made it onto a cd. Let me know and I can look up what I used.

Thanks, but, no. We got rid of the vinyl albums years ago and I've been sorry ever since. That's why I've held on to these cassettes. Thank goodness I missed the 8-track craze or we might have stacks of those around :lol:

not sure if you can get Genneus - Par or iTunes, but they are good sites for all music. My Son downloads his iPod music from them all the time. and has recorded CD's for me also.

Any and all country music ever recorded is available on CD at Ernest Tubbs Record Store in downtown Nashville on Broadway. Probably can order it from there online as well.