oklahomans

Help Support CattleToday:

This thread most likely will end up getting locked ala. ;-)

I have nothing against homosexuals ,but if he is so proud and wants to advertise his sexuality why doesn't he just get it tattooed on his forehead. :roll:

hillsdown":15kuyksk said:

I have nothing against homosexuals ,but if he is so proud and wants to advertise his sexuality why doesn't he just get it tattooed on his forehead. :roll:
if thats his lifestyle,, ""though i dont agree'' keep it to yourself ....my tag dont say i like hot women and cold beers :cowboy: .. he's lucky they denied him could save him from a lot of trouble

alacattleman":27atrtha said:
hillsdown":27atrtha said:

if thats his lifestyle,, ""though i dont agree'' keep it to yourself ....my tag dont say i like hot women and cold beers :cowboy: .. he's lucky they denied him could save him from a lot of trouble

Most states censor what is acceptable on vanity plates. OK will win this one. I doubt they'd give out "HOOKER" or "CALL ME".
And they are doing the man a serious favor. Saving him from his own bad judgement about his personal safety. I don't advocate violence or even intolerance about gay people, just sayin'.
Most gay men are drama queens.
This guy wants to be big in the gay rights movement in OK. He'd have more facebook fans if he was working for the goat association. :p
When OK approves gay marriage, heck will frreeeze over.

There was a similar case in Illinois not long ago, although it had nothing to do with gays. The court ruled in favor of the state, but it was appealed. Haven't heard anything since. These things take awhile.

As for these types of plates, it's just another way for the states to make money off of people that just HAVE to be noticed. When they started this, they opened up a can of worms. There's always someone that's going to push the envelope, and there's always someone that's going to sue when they don't get their way. In Illinois they call them Vanity Plates. Couldn't be more fitting, IMO:

Vanity

1. excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc.; character or quality of being vain; conceit:

5. something worthless, trivial, or pointless.

VanC":3a7x26pz said:
There was a similar case in Illinois not long ago, although it had nothing to do with gays. The court ruled in favor of the state, but it was appealed. Haven't heard anything since. These things take awhile.

As for these types of plates, it's just another way for the states to make money off of people that just HAVE to be noticed. When they started this, they opened up a can of worms. There's always someone that's going to push the envelope, and there's always someone that's going to sue when they don't get their way. In Illinois they call them Vanity Plates. Couldn't be more fitting, IMO:

Vanity

1. excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc.; character or quality of being vain; conceit:

Van...had a couple of European folks tell me one time that we Americans were way to " vain"...in that particular instance they were referring to ladies shaving their legs and under their arms.

VanC":3lkq4757 said:

Vanity

The States do like the money.
There have been all manner of sexually suggestive plates rejected. But most of the plates sold in Indiana designate a University, the Colts, the environment--usually found on the biggest SUV's, Abe Lincoln. We have close to 50 plates you can buy to support some cause.
We are a small town. If you see a vanity plate here it will be "BILL-RUTH". Or "JACKSON3".

TexasBred":metg7j0z said:
VanC":metg7j0z said:

Vanity

Van...had a couple of European folks tell me one time that we Americans were way to " vain"...in that particular instance they were referring to ladies shaving their legs and under their arms.

I guess vanity has it's place in some walks of life. ;-) I could relate a story here from many years ago........but I'd better not.

Well, I have a "vanity" plate...my husband, Van, gave it to me for Christmas, and it's one of the best gifts I've ever gotten. It says T-Kong. When I went to pick the plates up, I took Kong with me. The ladies in the office were tickled to death...said it made their day.

To see Kong, take a glance at my avatar.

Alice

john250":2a8pzlqn said:
alacattleman":2a8pzlqn said:
hillsdown":2a8pzlqn said:

Most states censor what is acceptable on vanity plates. OK will win this one. I doubt they'd give out "HOOKER" or "CALL ME".
And they are doing the man a serious favor. Saving him from his own bad judgement about his personal safety. I don't advocate violence or even intolerance about gay people, just sayin'.
Most gay men are drama queens.
This guy wants to be big in the gay rights movement in OK. He'd have more facebook fans if he was working for the goat association. :p
When OK approves gay marriage, heck will frreeeze over.
thats like al sharpton being a motivational speaker at a klan rally :cowboy:

I think that the powers that be in Oklahoma prevented this from happening as a means of preserving this man's life. I do know some Okie gays, believe it or not, but they don't advertise. I don't think that old boy could drive through Bokchito and stay alive the whole way...

I would say if he advertised very much he would go the same as Tom Dooley

Lammie":1wq5u94z said:
I think that the powers that be in Oklahoma prevented this from happening as a means of preserving this man's life. I do know some Okie gays, believe it or not, but they don't advertise. I don't think that old boy could drive through Bokchito and stay alive the whole way...
i wonder how far he could make it here..? lord help him when he runs across a good old boy that can read :p

Latest posts