Oklahoma Youth Expo

Help Support CattleToday:

AAOK

Reaction score
I would like to invite everyone to The World's Largest Junior Livestock Show. The Oklahoma Youth Expo will be held in Oklahoma City March 12th.-21st. The Beef Shows are Tues. and Wed. for Heifers, and Sat. and Sunday for Steers. A new event this year is The Team Fitting Contest, which will take place on Friday, the 18th. Yes, we still show steers with hair and expert fitting is still a top priority in Oklahoma. This contest is a result of some of the nations top Fitters/Groomers getting together in an attempt to squelch the talk of slick sheared steers and blow and show heifers. With the county qualification process and the prizes they have put together, it should be an extremely entertaining day. All those in Okla. and surrounding states wanting to learn more about Show Ring Competition need to come see the world's largest exhibit of youth and livestock put together for one event. See the schedule of events at:
http://www.okyouthexpo.com/2005%20Oklah ... hedule.htm

I am heading up there Sunday afternoon with my Maine-Anjou heifer. Hopefully it will be as fun as it was last year.

I'll be helping work the Maine-Anjou show. Probably lining up calves for the ring, or maybe working the ring if we don't have the college kids this year. I'll be the guy with not one speck of hair covering my pretty head. Don't forget the Oklahoma Maine-Anjou Association adult & Junior meetings Monday evening at the Biltmore. Are you going to the Junior National Show in Springfield, MO? We should have about 40 Oklahoma kids going.

Latest posts