Oklahoma City

Help Support CattleToday:

Kenz

Reaction score
For all you people in or around OKC, what's there to do around there? My Dad has schooling for his job down there every year, and this year me and my older sister are goin down with him. We're leaving on Sunday from Va and we'll be "busy" for a while, but we've got June 2-6/7 to do nothing. So, anything interesting to do/see? Guess it's to early for the county fairs :( darn it

DFW??? I bet that's one of those things that I should know but don't. :roll:

There's plenty to do in OKC. I just can't think of any right now... :lol2:

One of the reasons I like Oklahoma is because it is so laid back. Friendly folks, pretty country. Google Oklahoma City. I have all sorts of family there, but I have never ventured anyplace larger than Stillwater.

isnt there a Worlds of Fun or somethign like that in that area? Maybe juts north of Oklahoma City.

Like Lammie said, google "Oklahoma City tourism" or something like that. Every city of any consequence has a tourism website now that'll tell you more than you ever wanted to know. ;-)

Ken, do go try to see the memorial at the Murrah building, where the OKC bombing took place. I do want very much to see that at some point. I think it would be a very moving experience.

The Cowboy museum is a must see. I took my twins, who were 6 at the time, and we spent 6 hours and they were enthralled the entire time. Hopefully, they have started their annual Western art exhibit. The artwork will astound you. If you like baseball, see if the Redhawks are in town. They are a Rangers Triple A team with reasonable ticket prices and family friendly. The downtown area near the ballpark has a Venice-style canal system with some great restaurants. Finally, go to the stockyards if for no other reason than to see all the pens and facilities. Walk across the catwalk to the sale arena. The whole setup is mind boggling. Hope this helps. Boone

We vacationed there a few years ago. The Murrah Building is a must see. I have seen it twice. They have a brickyard/riverwalk down by the Bass Pro and the baseball field. The cowboy museum is awesome. There is a drive thru zoo or animal park south of OKC, but don't remeber how far. I think the neatest thing I saw was a walk-in, sit down SONIC. Of course, I have a short attention span and easily entertained.

csutton":44giykm9 said:
We vacationed there a few years ago. The Murrah Building is a must see. I have seen it twice. They have a brickyard/riverwalk down by the Bass Pro and the baseball field. The cowboy museum is awesome. There is a drive thru zoo or animal park south of OKC, but don't remeber how far. I think the neatest thing I saw was a walk-in, sit down SONIC. Of course, I have a short attention span and easily entertained.

Sonic got started in Oklahoma, if I am not mistaken.

I spent 2 or 3 weeks going to a school there in the late 80's/early 90's. Don't remember anything but the school, a hotel room, and a chinese restaurant. Sorry I can't help.

The area just across the state line in Texas is home to a lot of the big time quarter horse trainers. Reiners, cutters, etc...

Stay off NW 10th Street. Not that I've ever been there but my old Daddy always told me if I watched stuff like that I would turn to stone. And he was right. Everytime I did, part of me would start to turn to stone.

Earl Thigpen":2xahru0z said:
Stay off NW 10th Street. Not that I've ever been there but my old Daddy always told me if I watched stuff like that I would turn to stone. And he was right. Everytime I did, part of me would start to turn to stone.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's better than going blind. :lol2:

Earl Thigpen":3gaylq0p said:

Earl, I had to read that twice! That's just tooo funny!

Thanks for the suggestions, ya'll! Keep 'em coming!

I'll try to get to the cowboy museum and see the Murrah building. walking around the sale barn is always fun :D

If you go to the stockyards..you'll have to eat at Cattlemen's (on Agnew Blvd) Then there's always stockyard shopping! If you wonder out of OKC area, there's another neat restraunt/bar in Okarche-Eishens. Eishens is the oldest bar in Oklahoma. Redhawks baseball is also in bricktown.

Latest posts