OK gotta question,

Help Support CattleToday:

lilcowgirl

Reaction score
totaling realizing that being a mother is higher priority than the cattle, but my daughter is moving to Phoenix and leaving at the same time I have a cattle show in CA. She says go, that it's ok, I say can't do it I'm the Momma and need to be here when she leaves. Don't want to step on her independence but what would the rest of you do? Also she might be traveling alone :( :cry: tooooo scary for me. She's still just a kid.

If I were your daughter, I would want you to go to your show because I would then know you would be ok with me being gone, you would continue with your life even if I wasn't there, and it would eliminate the teary-eyed, emotional scene when I left (I hate those scenes). If I were you, I would go to the show because life goes on - even when a child leaves the nest, you need something to help you transition from mother to mother with grown children and, therefore, more free time on your hands, it will give you something to focus on other than your child leaving the nest, and you obviously enjoy showing cattle or you wouldn't be doing it. Screwy logic - maybe - but still my honest opinion.

msscamp":2ksqcps1 said:
If I were your daughter, I would want you to go to your show because I would then know you would be ok with me being gone, you would continue with your life even if I wasn't there, and it would eliminate the teary-eyed, emotional scene when I left (I hate those scenes). If I were you, I would go to the show because life goes on - even when a child leaves the nest, you need something to help you transition from mother to mother with grown children and, therefore, more free time on your hands, it will give you something to focus on other than your child leaving the nest, and you obviously enjoy showing cattle or you wouldn't be doing it. Screwy logic - maybe - but still my honest opinion.

I agree.

In my family we just say "see ya later." With 3 brothers out of 6 having been in the military the goodbyes werent really different for if you were going to the mailbox or if you were going across the big pond for a year or more. Coming home wasnt much different. I like it that way. I dont like emotional farewells at all.

I expect when my brother gets back from Kosovo around Dec my sister will do something for him. She threw a party for me when I got back from Iraq.

Latest posts