Oilers / scratchers

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
Curious what (or if) other folks have or use something similar. Seem like cattle are always rubbing on something, even after being poured. I think sometimes they just get itchy and need to remove some dander, sometimes it might be a mite of some sort. I put this in with the replacementsand another in with the bulls. I mix some Pounce ( permethrin ) and diesel in the tank and it wicks out the top brush. I don't refill it all that often, mostly if I start to see excess rubbing on barbed wire and such. They sure like it.09A3F226-2D6D-4771-B96D-E3548BC557C7.jpeg

We use easy-way mineral feeders.

1608602130703.png

If they just want to scratch we have a huge (3/4" link) log chain hanging between two barn posts.

Curious what (or if) other folks have or use something similar. Seem like cattle are always rubbing on something, even after being poured. I think sometimes they just get itchy and need to remove some dander, sometimes it might be a mite of some sort. I put this in with the replacementsand another in with the bulls. I mix some Pounce ( permethrin ) and diesel in the tank and it wicks out the top brush. I don't refill it all that often, mostly if I start to see excess rubbing on barbed wire and such. They sure like it.
That's an interesting system. Doesn't look like they have US dealers?

We let ours scratch on trees and we also will Curry comb the one's that have learned to love it lol.

I like the brush set up you have, A person could put flyspray in and wouldn't have to worry about them freaking out from the sprayer lol

I've seen (online) old street sweeper brushes that are used as scratching posts/oilers. Brilliant idea! But how would you get one? I've thought about bolting in a bunch of giant broom heads to an old hedge post or tree but that would be strictly for scratching.