Odors

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2vtiqxto said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2vtiqxto said:
Logar":2vtiqxto said:
My favorite rodent controllers are foxes - if you see them, let them be - they have literally cleaned out a couple of our old barns and are now chewing on the rats that live in the big manure pile.

I was pleasantly surprised at their capabilities.

Cheers

I'll second that! This little fella completely eliminated our groundhog problem.

You have ground hogs under your house and hood?

I have them under my house IN THE HOOD, silly man.

I'm not sure what the perfume is, but I occasionally will smell it on a lady and am reminded of the girl I let go because I thought she was crazy. This was long before I realized that they are all crazy. The memories are still with me though. Great memories. Except the the time she threw a jewelry box at my head when I was sleeping, other than that, great memories.

Bigfoot":3o3cwgeo said:
1. The top of a baby's head, that ain't been out of bath water too terrible long.
2. A small greasy restaurant here called Ferrell's.
3. A particular grape, that I don't even know the variety of. Many old people had one in their backyard, when I was young. The seed was nearly as large as the grape. Haven't seen one in many years. Loved the smell of those things.

Would it be a Concord grape, a smaller round blueish grape?

Ky hills":yo27mj4e said:
Bigfoot":yo27mj4e said:
1. The top of a baby's head, that ain't been out of bath water too terrible long.
3. A particular grape, that I don't even know the variety of. Many old people had one in their backyard, when I was young. The seed was nearly as large as the grape. Haven't seen one in many years. Loved the smell of those things.

Not overly familiar with grapes. Googled heirloom grapes, and it resembles the fox grape.

Tobacco hanging in a barn in order or case. Love that smell more than anything. And then freshly worked ground in spring, even though I don't do that anymore. And last on my list but no least country ham on the stove.

Bigfoot":2qxr3jec said:
Ky hills":2qxr3jec said:
Bigfoot":2qxr3jec said:

Not overly familiar with grapes. Googled heirloom grapes, and it resembles the fox grape.

I'm not too familiar with grapes either, we have had a few growing along a garden fence by the yard since I was a child, Mother makes grape juice and or jelly if they produce. Our Concord grapes aren't real good to just eat at least I don't think so. Takes a right smart of effort, have to squeeze the inards of the grape out of the skin and then spit the seed out. I will have to look up Fox grapes, I enjoy reading about heirloom varieties, of fruits and vegetables and sometimes try to grow them.

Latest posts