Oddly Enough

Help Support CattleToday:

cherokeeruby

Reaction score
MARYVILLE, Tenn. - A would-be racer took an illegal turn around Smoky Mountain Speedway and crashed her pickup truck, while her companion made a low-speed getaway on a farm tractor.

Dana Marie Cragin, 47, and Dennis Maynard Kimsey, 47, both of Maryville, were cruising around in Cragin's Toyota pickup Friday afternoon when she decided to try out the track, according to a police report.

She didn't get far. Witnesses said she hit the wall on her second lap. The truck was on its side and she was sitting on the ground beside it when officers arrived.

Cragin allegedly smelled of alcohol but refused a blood-alcohol test. She was charged with driving under the influence and criminal trespass.

Meanwhile, Kimsey is believed to have fled on a tractor from a nearby barn after confronting track owner Bill Garner. Police issued an all-points-bulletin for a "red Massey Ferguson tractor with a yellow engine and a red sickle on the back."

Despite a broad search aided by a Knox County sheriff's helicopter, they didn't catch him until he got home Friday night. Police knew where to go. Kimsey left his wallet in Cragin's truck.

The tractor was recovered at a friend's house and returned to its owner.

Kimsey was charged with criminal trespass and released on $750 bond. Cragin was held in lieu of a $1,500 bond.

You know something went wrong when you have to make your getaway on a tractor , with a mower on it none the less.

You know whats funny is that I have been to Maryville, pretty town, some nice farms. There local football team you would think was in the NFL, the coaches from Maryville Highschool start scouting there players when theyre in Grade School and draft players from other schools in other towns so that they will have the best team. My sisters highschool played them in Substate this past season.

ollie":398ep4su said:
You know something went wrong when you have to make your getaway on a tractor , with a mower on it none the less.

Nice Avatar Ollie, I think its Bull S**t!! lol

CopeMan":bi7u545z said:
ollie":bi7u545z said:

Nice Avatar Ollie, I think its Bull S**t!! lol
It is actually part of my new advertising campaign. I'm selling used grass now. I think it'll be a hit in California .That along with the sheep heads should set me for life.

Latest posts