Odd Rack

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Note the extra "brow tine" if that's what you'd like to call it.

DozerAndDeer-2010013.jpg

Should have let him go a couple more years but considering where he was hanging out and how he was acting, his days were numbered.

not that odd around here alot of the racks will have an extra sticker or two hanging off of them SIL"s 12pt this weekend had 2 split brow tines and a couple stickers on his G2
had an 11pt a couple yrs ago that had an extra point on one side behind the brow tine that wrapped around behind the main beam and back towards the front
on the other side had an extra near the brow tine that if he raised his head up it rubbed his head had a bald spot where it was rubbing

Nice buck, i really like your rifle, pre 64 model 70 right, what caliber. At one time i had 17 locked up in my safe, all different calibers and had a few Super Grades.

curtis":267cyl1j said:
Nice buck, i really like your rifle, pre 64 model 70 right, what caliber. At one time i had 17 locked up in my safe, all different calibers and had a few Super Grades.

Thanks. Rifle's a '53 model 270 sporter. I had wanted one of those since I was a kid, finally bought one this spring. Mind if I ask how many you have left?

cfpinz":3fdvb0jw said:
curtis":3fdvb0jw said:

Thanks. Rifle's a '53 model 270 sporter. I had wanted one of those since I was a kid, finally bought one this spring. Mind if I ask how many you have left?

None right now, sold them off but i plan on buying one like yours soon for personal use. I don't think a better rifle has ever been built.
There's a saying, take care of your pre 64 model 70 and it will take care of you. :nod:
BTW, you can still find them new in the box at the Tulsa Gun Show, you'll just have to dig real deep.

curtis":1en19gul said:
None right now, sold them off but i plan on buying one like yours soon for personal use. I don't think a better rifle has ever been built.
There's a saying, take care of your pre 64 model 70 and it will take care of you. :nod:
BTW, you can still find them new in the box at the Tulsa Gun Show, you'll just have to dig real deep.

Don't have any real interest in safe queens, but out of curiosity how deep would one have to dig for a NIB rifle? There was a '60 model FWT 270 in extremely nice condition (too nice for me to hunt with) that sold online last weekend for $1100.

cfpinz":24art630 said:
curtis":24art630 said:

Don't have any real interest in safe queens, but out of curiosity how deep would one have to dig for a NIB rifle? There was a '60 model FWT 270 in extremely nice condition (too nice for me to hunt with) that sold online last weekend for $1100.

At the recent Tulsa show a standard grade 243 Win. NIB sold for $2975.00, mag calibers and rare calibers can go out the roof.

Latest posts