Oak have your feet webbed yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
We have had between 4 and 8 inches according to radar estimated amounts since 2 pm today. How is it on your side of the county?

Terrible, the creek by the house is flooded. We are just hoping the cattle make it through alright. Some are caught up on the east side and don't have food available. Might have to call you to help me get some cattle back in tomorrow. I would think that we have had about 5 inches

oakcreekfarms":3t08kjl4 said:
Terrible, the creek by the house is flooded. We are just hoping the cattle make it through alright. Some are caught up on the east side and don't have food available. Might have to call you to help me get some cattle back in tomorrow. I would think that we have had about 5 inches

As long as they are paired up they should be fine. Remember our breed can handle extreme conditions :lol:

My dad called this morning to let me know the cows had gotten out. The creek raised and took out the electric fence. It took a couple of hours but we have them back in now. I knew it was going to happen

I feel for you guys. We had an extremely wet fall, _alot_ of winter snow, and as soon as the snow went, we started getting rain. Our house sits on a 12 foot high sand ridge, and for the first time that I can ever remember, our basement is flooding. Theres no grass, no alafalfa, and I doubt any seeding will get done around here. <chuckle> I can't even feed cows today because the hay yard is pure soup and you sink right out of sight.

Someone on another thread said they'd rather have flooding than drought. Personally, I'll take some of that drought right now. At least you can buy feed and get it to the animals.

Rod

Latest posts