O Fallon Missouri Man Found Dead.

Help Support CattleToday:

Stepper

Reaction score
I was reading in the paper this evening where they found a Missouri man dead close to here. I was wondering if any of you that are from Missouri had herd about it ?

The expired person was 31 years old a computer programer who was on a hiking trip. He came here about two weeks ago to make about a 40 mile hike one way through the National Forest. I dont know if he was planing on someone picking him up or if he was going to make the 40 mile trip back.

But it seemed kind of unusual for a young person like that to be making such a hiking trip by themselfs. Right now there is not a known cause of death. A couple of other hikers came up on his body laying on a sleeping bag. No fowl play is suspected. The paper said it did look like he had a small indentation on his head which might have been the cause of his death from a fall or something.

Oh my...that leads to all types of speculation, doesn't it? He could've fallen and hit his head, stayed conscious and decided to go to bed, then died in his sleep.

He could've had a rare health problem that had never been detected. Or, he could've found out he had a rare health problem and decided he'd go out the way he wanted to.

There's all sorts of explanations...especially to someone who loves mysteries as much as I do. 8)

Alice

It could have been alot of things. It should come out in next weeks paper as to what happened. It said there was a tarp stretched across some limbs for a shelter. So he must have had his camp sit up before what ever happened, happened ?

It seems kind of sad someone that young would be out there by themselfs. The hiking trail is know as the highland hiking trail and it runs through some mountainious steep country. And it is way out in the booneys. Bear country, kind of makes me wonder if animals might not have been feeding on the body before it was found.

The place it was found was ruff enough that they could not get to it with a fourwheeler. But i guess it was close enough that they did not need a horse to pack it out either.

I work with a man that goes hiking by himself. At first, when he talked about it, I thought about why someone wouldn't want to share it with someone else.

He said that when he went on these hikes, it really is relaxing and no one but him makes decisions. The only way I can describe it is when you go on a pretty long trip, and you are in the car with other people, and you don't have total control of where you go or what you do. Also, he said that if you are alone, the things you see and experience are more appreciated than if someone is there constantly complaining or running their mouth.

After he described it to me. I thought it made a lot of sense. It would take a strong person to go on a trip like that by themselves. Most people don't want to be alone hiking or on trips. He is self sufficent for sure.

I would be more afraid of other people that I might run across. But that is what they make .38's for. One for each hand and a box of ammo! :D
Chuckie

Chuckie":33ksbep1 said:
He said that when he went on these hikes, it really is relaxing and no one but him makes decisions. The only way I can describe it is when you go on a pretty long trip, and you are in the car with other people, and you don't have total control of where you go or what you do. Also, he said that if you are alone, the things you see and experience are more appreciated than if someone is there constantly complaining or running their mouth.

Chuckie

Your friend must be married!

cfpinz

cfpinz":3ecu845r said:

cfpinz

Is that why your wife has the horse, so she can get further away from you faster?

dun":18eff744 said:
cfpinz":18eff744 said:
dun":18eff744 said:
cfpinz":18eff744 said:

cfpinz

Is that why your wife has the horse, so she can get further away from you faster?

And that's why I have that old GTO!

How far and fast can you go having to push it?

It only costs me $12 in gas to ride out to the mailbox!

I'm sorry for his family..

Sounds like a medical condition.. could be the results of med's or drugs. maybe a spider bite or some other toxin in the blood.

PI work??? donna

Well!! I got to believe he went out his way. Hey!! so much better then wasting away in a nursing home or bed ridden for years.

YOU THINK?? :eek:

Man :roll: I spend weeks every year in the wilderness by myself,
and if I check out while I'm out there. I'm grateful. :D :D

However :roll: I'm not nearly ready yet. :D :D

Latest posts