Norhern MN Pic.

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Anybody care to guess what the deal is with this creek?

Hint, Turns out to be a purty good size stream. :shock:

P1010030.jpg

I'm guessing here. But I would have a hard time going by that without dipping a hook. My bet, you caught supper there or is that a buggy bear in the reeds on the left.

I'm not sure what's in the bushes. And nope didn't have my fishing gear with. :(

Another hint, Bet y'all might recognize it's name. [the creek that is] ;-)

Problem.
When the Ohio and the Mississippi come together at K-ro Illinios the Ohio is the larger stream.
So, technically, Mississippi should be named Ohio or WVA. The State of Mississippi would become Ohio II or just known by its' zip code. The more major watershed originates somewhere upstream of Pittsburgh.
The confusion this correction would cause is more than justified by the righting of a centuries old injustice done to the Ohio River (from 6 mos to 13 yrs I lived on her banks). I'm in favor of reparations.

john250":2cj1m5hx said:
Problem.
When the Ohio and the Mississippi come together at K-ro Illinios the Ohio is the larger stream.
So, technically, Mississippi should be named Ohio or WVA. The State of Mississippi would become Ohio II or just known by its' zip code. The more major watershed originates somewhere upstream of Pittsburgh.
The confusion this correction would cause is more than justified by the righting of a centuries old injustice done to the Ohio River (from 6 mos to 13 yrs I lived on her banks). I'm in favor of reparations.

It is interesting how this all came about, because the Ohio River was well know before the source of the Mississippi. But on the other hand if the whole thing were called the Missouri River it would be the longest river in the World. :shock: 8)

mnmtranching":214eclre said:
john250":214eclre said:
Problem.

It is interesting how this all came about, because the Ohio River was well know before the source of the Mississippi. But on the other hand if the whole thing were called the Missouri River it would be the longest river in the World. :shock: 8)

Folks in Mississippi have a much higher prospect of spelling OHIO than MISSOURI. And St Louis and Kansas City won't like the idea of being Missouri II. I think I got more than I bargained for here. Any way you name it, it is one BIG river.

Here's another pic. This I think next to Mall of America and Cabelas is about what people do most in MN. Walk across the Mississippi. :shock:

My husbands family is going camping there this summer (itasca). Not too far from home but heard there was a cougar that attacked a man through his tent there in May. I have a couple of kids that are bite size so I kinda worry about it.

mnmtranching":mw3dr0j6 said:
Here's another pic. This I think next to Mall of America and Cabelas is about what people do most in MN. Walk across the Mississippi. :shock:

Try that again.
P1010032.jpg

My husbands family is going camping there this summer (itasca). Not too far from home but heard there was a cougar that attacked a man through his tent there in May. I have a couple of kids that are bite size so I kinda worry about it.

I can't remember now for sure, but I thought I remember hearing that later they determined it was a bobcat. No fun to have happen to you, but much better than a couger attacking you.