No till drills

Help Support CattleToday:

farmguy

Reaction score
I would like to purchase a used no till drill. I would only be doing 100 acres or so a year. I know International and JD makes a no till drill. What are the model numbers? It would help when looking on the internet or ads. Thanks

Any single disk grain drill will do a good job planting most seeds for pasture over seeding. Most no till drills plant the seed to deep.

hurleyjd":2y3of7y4 said:
Any single disk grain drill will do a good job planting most seeds for pasture over seeding. Most no till drills plant the seed to deep.
They plant too deep only if not properly adjusted.
My preference is a Haybuster 107 with the additioanl small seed box.

dun":2en4mxt1 said:
hurleyjd":2en4mxt1 said:
They plant too deep only if not properly adjusted.
My preference is a Haybuster 107 with the additioanl small seed box.

I totally agree with Dun on this.

farmguy":1t1tauoh said:
Question I am looking at a 15 foot 3 point Tye drill. Will my 1086 handle it? Thanks
I'm going to say no unless you have duals on it. I have a 7 footer on a 2955 and wouldn't want any more weigh back their.

I borrowed a Tye to run once and hated the thing. The seed adjustment was difficult and imprecise (just changing a gap where they fall through to the tube and nothing in the seed box to agitate them or anything) had lots of problems with tubes clogging and never did get it adjusted like I wanted

Latest posts