No Safe Place

Help Support CattleToday:

novatech

Reaction score
A person would think that just sitting around playing on these boards that you would be pretty safe and secure.
Well I got news for ya, there is no place absolutly safe.
Yesterday evening around 6:30 I was just finishing up scaning over the boards thinking about going home,getting a bite to eat and watching a little on the tube. All of a sudden it sounded like a bomb went off. The walls shook, glass in the windows broke. the glass door to my office exploded, the cealing started comming down. My mind was racing a million miles per hour. I thought a propane tank had exploded but there was no gas on the building. The noise went on, seemingly, forever. Ripping and tearing, things falling, more glass breaking. Dust was all over as I made my way to the door. The noise had stopped as fast as it had started. I pulled open my door and right in front of me was a young man sitting in his truck, obviously shaken up pretty well. I asked if he was alright and he said he was fine. As there was smoke comming out of the hood I made him get out. We climbed over rubble piled about 5 feet high and made it out of the building. There was already a truck out front with emergency lights flashing. A volenter firemen just happened to be passing by. Well the cops and fire department came and checked things out pretty well. Gave the kid a ticket and took off.
The kid thought he was at his exit and turned while still going way to fast to make it. This happens all the time at this location, except usually they don,t end up parked in my office.
Today I am thanking God for letting me get up for a very Good Friday, and I look forward to being able to clean up the mess.
As far as the kid, I am thankful he is ok. He is leaving in a few days to go to Iraque.

yes you sure got lucky that you didnt get hurt.glad the young man is ok as well.i bet you was in shock when you heard all the crashing an noise.then to see a car or truck sitting in your building.

Had a car hit an apartment building I was living in. I was on the second floor. It was like an earthquake, and that was what I thought it was. Glad everyone is okay.

Thanks for the concerns.
Now I am on with what to do with the mess. I have had no response from the insurance co. It's a holiday weekend and nobody will be back until Monday. The landlord has not even been over. I have managed to get the power cut off to the damaged area and on in the other areas. Problem is it has made total chaos out of my business. I have already lost one job because we could not get there when scheduled. I do not know weather to start cleaning up or do I have to wait for the insurance co. to come by first. In the pile of rubble I cannot tell what is damaged or what is not. We cannot go through the building but we can enter and exit through exterior doors around the outside. The building has a metal roof and was racked pretty bad so I have no clue as to what will happen when it rains. If the building leaks there will no doubt be thousands more dollars in damage to the contents.
At this point I am totally confused as to what I am responsible for or what to do. :help:

There should be some kind of an emergency number for your insurance company???? Take pictures, lots of them!!! A video may even be better or in addition to the pictures. So if you do have to do some clean up to secure the building you have proof of the "before".

Latest posts