No charges

Help Support CattleToday:

I figured it would come down that way. The kid was getting high profile and she saw an oportunity

I have no earthly idea what you are talking about, but that is a nice leopard app.

He's a pretty nice stick, if he's in front of a bunch of football fans screaming. He also looks barefoot. Most apps have a good foot.

I'm guessing that horse is 14.2 or 3. I still don't know what the thread is about. The link wouldn't play.

Oh. Thanks. I didn't know. I kinda checked out of the news a few years ago.

Bigfoot":2zrx28vj said:
I'm guessing that horse is 14.2 or 3. I still don't know what the thread is about. The link wouldn't play.

He must be a big feller
Looks more like 13.2

After the press conference the SA opened all of the reports from the case. The reports are pretty explicit the DNA from her face was inconclusive . The DNA from her shorts and panties were a match to Winston and unknown donor with later was determined to be her boyfriend she would not name him and the SA had to find out out who he was and found his DNA matched. So the eyewitness statements were more likely the true account of the night in question.

Deep south could you please explain racist I'm not familiar with that term.

'While not fully exonerating Winston, State Attorney Willie Meggs said he could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the quarterback and the woman didn't have consensual sex last December.

Last I heard, that, was a job left to a jury--not one, for the DA overseeing a case where favorite son QB will probably decide the national championship. I don't think this announcement really surprises anyone either. The attorney in charge of the investigation was Willie Meggs:
Born in Tallahassee Fla, home of FSU, attended highschool in Tallahassee.
He attended college at FSU and received first a BS in criminology there, and then got his law degree at FSU.
He is a contributor to FSU alumni association.
http://www.sao2fl.org/Willie's_Profile.htm

Nah--no conflict of interest there. :roll:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... now-so-far

greybeard":etobjc0h said:
'While not fully exonerating Winston, State Attorney Willie Meggs said he could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the quarterback and the woman didn't have consensual sex last December.

Last I heard, that, was a job left to a jury--not one, for the DA overseeing a case where favorite son QB will probably decide the national championship. I don't think this announcement really surprises anyone either. The attorney in charge of the investigation was Willie Meggs:
He attended college at FSU and received first a BS in criminology there, and then got his law degree at FSU.

Maybe you should research the athletes he has prosecuted in his career and then read the SA and police reports on this case before you rush to judge. So the fact his attorney is a UF alum says what?
Do you have a real law degree or are you just a judge of public opinion.
I'm not a lawyer but I do have the super powers of COMMEN SENSE so I will try and explain how the state attorney office works in simple terms.
When the SA gets a case they bring charges from the state whether the victims corporate or not. They Will not issue an arrest warrant if they do not have sufficient evidence to prosecute . GB read the entire report and see the holes in the case. Duke lacrosse ring any bells with you . But I guess you think his life and her life are not important and jury should have to listen to a case that can't be won and have her promiscuous sex life paraded in front of the world more than it already has. But I forgot you are the judge of public opinion and we are all guilty until proven innocent.

It's called prosecutor's discretion whether they accept or decline a case. Also, Texas no longer allows backgrounds of victims to be used in the guilt phase.

M5farm":3dd1l9qa said:
greybeard":3dd1l9qa said:

Maybe you should research the athletes he has prosecuted in his career and then read the SA and police reports on this case before you rush to judge. So the fact his attorney is a UF alum says what?
Do you have a real law degree or are you just a judge of public opinion.
I'm not a lawyer but I do have the super powers of COMMEN SENSE so I will try and explain how the state attorney office works in simple terms.
When the SA gets a case they bring charges from the state whether the victims corporate or not. They Will not issue an arrest warrant if they do not have sufficient evidence to prosecute . GB read the entire report and see the holes in the case. Duke lacrosse ring any bells with you . But I guess you think his life and her life are not important and jury should have to listen to a case that can't be won and have her promiscuous sex life paraded in front of the world more than it already has. But I forgot you are the judge of public opinion and we are all guilty until proven innocent.
A judge of public opinion? I am, as you are, the public--a part of it anyway, and you can judge my opinion anyway and anytime you wish--that is certainly your prerogative. I could not care less who the guy is, who wins the Heisman, or whether he plays in any games or doesn't. I do care tho, about prosecutors who are always cognizant of their won/loss record. Not prosecuting a case because "I don't think we can win" is bs, no matter where it takes place.
I saw a good example of this a few years ago here in the nearest town to me. A gang rape took place in sept, Oct, and early Nov 2010, some of the 19 males took video and it got passed around the highschool. 19 of them--age 14-21. The police were informed, the local DA was informed and they did nothing for weeks. Why? One or more of the rapists were on the highschool basketball team, another was the son of a local school board member and the (now) former police chief and county prosecutor elected to wait till after the regular basketball season was over to fully investigate the case. :shock: :shock: That shennanigans went out the window when it became public knowledge that the girl was 11 years old. At that point, the state took over the case and began making arrests.
Every single one of the rapists used the same defense---consensual sex. WITH AN 11 YEAR OLD and the local DA and police almost let 'em get away with it.
Bad parenting--Yes. But that doesn't excuse the local district attorney and the local PD for not acting earlier.
Justice delayed is justice denied.

Latest posts