NFR

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy

Reaction score
The NFR starts tonight on CBS sports network. I haven't watched many PRCA rodeos this year so I am kinda curious how it will be without some of the top guys who went to the ERA.

wacocowboy":3k9worl2 said:
The NFR starts tonight on CBS sports network. I haven't watched many PRCA rodeos this year so I am kinda curious how it will be without some of the top guys who went to the ERA.

I haven't followed the PRCA much this year. I'd say some events are wide open this year. Looking forward to watching though.

Haven't seen it in a long time (no cable) but Dec 10, my niece's daughter is marrying a guy that is working pickup @ LV this year. Met him at Thanksgiving--nice fella.

I think this will be the most interesting NFR in a long time. Most of the ones that aren't there won't be missed by me anyway.

Bigfoot":3heeqxet said:
wacocowboy":3heeqxet said:

I haven't followed the PRCA much this year. I'd say some events are wide open this year. Looking forward to watching though.

Yeah Steer Wrestling is wide open all 15 are pretty close. 10 Cowboys are in it for the All Around. With $26 thousand plus each round it sure does open things up. Saddle Bronc should be interesting with all the family members.

I rodeoed with JD Struxness and Tanner Aus in high school. Tanner won the first round of the bareback riding. He's had a good year, he won the bareback riding at the American and he won Rodeo Houston, which pays a bunch of money. JD won college finals in the bulldogging this year and he won Cheyenne so he's having a good year too.

Seeing more no times on the timed events than I'm used to. The rough stock events, I haven't noticed anything different.

Bigfoot":2s3kp2qi said:
Seeing more no times on the timed events than I'm used to. The rough stock events, I haven't noticed anything different.

Yeah I don't remember the wrestlers missing so many steers and the headers are having heck. Ryder Wright sure is impressive 4 round wins in a row. Shane Proctor sure has turned it around from the PBR finals.

I noticed the PRCA took the bios down of all the ERA stakeholders from their site. A friend of mines bio is still up, and he hasn't held a permit or a card since 2011.

Ojp6":31k64mhd said:
I rodeoed with JD Struxness and Tanner Aus in high school. Tanner won the first round of the bareback riding. He's had a good year, he won the bareback riding at the American and he won Rodeo Houston, which pays a bunch of money. JD won college finals in the bulldogging this year and he won Cheyenne so he's having a good year too.

I have been watching the buckle ceremony on RFD and JD is a trip him and Flint have had laughing pretty hard.

Bigfoot":3tg4dwn6 said:
I noticed the PRCA took the bios down of all the ERA stakeholders from their site. A friend of mines bio is still up, and he hasn't held a permit or a card since 2011.

Someone earlier this week Brazile would be back next year. Did they work out a deal or what I haven't heard anything.

wacocowboy":ecmohf2z said:
Bigfoot":ecmohf2z said:

Someone earlier this week Brazile would be back next year. Did they work out a deal or what I haven't heard anything.

I only know one ERA owner. He told me back in August that he was selling his share to his dad, and was coming back next year. I guess the others will do something similar, or the whole era may fold. Not sure.

There right now. Behind Chute 7, second row, 3 go-rounds counting last night. I'll wave to you.

js1234":26b494eo said:
There right now. Behind Chute 7, second row, 3 go-rounds counting last night. I'll wave to you.

A growing number of my friends go each year. Too far for me to travel.

Bigfoot":13jiluf1 said:
wacocowboy":13jiluf1 said:
Bigfoot":13jiluf1 said:

I only know one ERA owner. He told me back in August that he was selling his share to his dad, and was coming back next year. I guess the others will do something similar, or the whole era may fold. Not sure.

That sounds like a good idea just sell your shares to family. I haven't heard how the ERA did if it was successful or not. I know a lot of people don't like it but bull riding is a big event and when Neil Holmes is one of your best riders just not that successful.

wacocowboy":2332dtxe said:
js1234":2332dtxe said:

Hope you had a good time.
Great time, flew home this morning. Myself, my wife, my folks and my sister and brother in law all go every year for 3-4 go-rounds. We have had the same seats since it moved from OKC and give the other nights to people we do business with etc.
No rest for the wicked though, the guys got in 8 loads of stockers and 2 loads of feeder cows while we were gone and 3 more loads of stockers and a load of feeder cows coming in tonight. Between that and the cowboys being in the thick of getting a few hundred bulls kicked out with the fall calving cows, I'm wondering why we left town.
I'm sure we'll do it again next year though.
I do love the NFR.

I have been once, two years ago. It is a great time, and folks who like rodeo should try it at least once.

Bigfoot, during the day, you can watch the World Series Team Roping finals at the South Point. About 8 of the guys I rope with are there...I plan to be next year, since I should have more time to rope(...hopefully..) this year.

I have all the NFR recorded and the wife and I are watching one a night. Have a few great battles going on in the saddle bronc, team roping, steer wrestling, and calf roping.

js1234":2wv3hbtl said:
wacocowboy":2wv3hbtl said:
js1234":2wv3hbtl said:

Hope you had a good time.
Great time, flew home this morning. Myself, my wife, my folks and my sister and brother in law all go every year for 3-4 go-rounds. We have had the same seats since it moved from OKC and give the other nights to people we do business with etc.
No rest for the wicked though, the guys got in 8 loads of stockers and 2 loads of feeder cows while we were gone and 3 more loads of stockers and a load of feeder cows coming in tonight. Between that and the cowboys being in the thick of getting a few hundred bulls kicked out with the fall calving cows, I'm wondering why we left town.
I'm sure we'll do it again next year though.
I do love the NFR.

Glad you had a good time. It is good to get away sometimes.

Latest posts