NEWS about Pope

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
was watching the NEWS this afternoon, (no I don't usually watch this much TV) and I could not believe it a group of Muslims were protesting outside the Houses of Parliament, it was about something the Pope had said earlier in the week, about an ancient law, when an interviewer went over to one man to ask him his thoughts on what the Pope had said and his appology, the man replied 'Some will not take it, and a fatwarh (not sure how you spell it) has been put on him' can you beleive it they say they are a peaceful race and religion, and they want to kill the POPE! for a comment that was misconstrude. below is the apology the Pope made.

Text of Pope's apology
The following is the text of Pope Benedict XVI's remarks regretting causing offence to Muslims in his 12 September speech in the Bavarian city of Regensburg.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The pastoral visit which I recently made to Bavaria was a deep spiritual experience, bringing together personal memories linked to places well known to me and pastoral initiatives towards an effective proclamation of the Gospel for today.

I thank God for the interior joy which he made possible, and I am also grateful to all those who worked hard for the success of this Pastoral Visit.

As is the custom, I will speak more of this during next Wednesday's general audience.

At this time, I wish also to add that I am deeply sorry for the reactions in some countries to a few passages of my address at the University of Regensburg, which were considered offensive to the sensibility of Muslims.

These in fact were a quotation from a medieval text, which do not in any way express my personal thought.

Yesterday, the Cardinal Secretary of State published a statement in this regard in which he explained the true meaning of my words.

I hope that this serves to appease hearts and to clarify the true meaning of my address, which in its totality was and is an invitation to frank and sincere dialogue, with great mutual respect.

and in retaliation a Nun has been shot and a number of churches have been burnt down.

Bright bunch of folks that islam bunch. Shooting nuns? What are they going to do next to show their outrage, drown kittens ?

Someone claiming that islam is a peaceful religion, and then killing a person because they disagree, is like a man convicted of bank robbery complaining of being treated like a criminal.

I've been studying the muslims since the late 1970s when I ended up with one as a room mate in college. There's some things I've observed that are now being made public about these people. My roommate warned me that they had a way of starting trouble, but act like they are the victim, especially if they lose the fight that they started. I'm not going to say all of them do this as there are excpetions to the rules, but as a society, it's obvious when you're watching it unfold.

There are other traits like wanting their culture to be number one, but they aren't willing to work for it. I won't go into this unless someone is interested.

those people are extremists, every group and religion has one. I know a few devout muslims at my school, they are pretty good people, you've got to respect someone who gives up that much freedom for what they belive in.

AngusSenorita":3lo2m35q said:
those people are extremists, every group and religion has one. I know a few devout muslims at my school, they are pretty good people, you've got to respect someone who gives up that much freedom for what they belive in.

My personal experience is there are always the exception to the rule. The people who you're friends with are the rule, not the exceptions. The extremists are the exception. Most people, muslims included only want to live their lives, enjoy their family, and provide their best for their family.

This is really an emotionally hot topic for most everyone around the world at the moment. I think I'll sideskirt this from now on. What I've oberserved and my opinion may only do not more than inflame the site.

A culture built on sin will bring nothing but trouble. Look at the thousands upon thousands of people the Muslims have killed in the name of their religion.

Read some books about the history of Islam - its scary!

This is just like the Cartoon a few months back, it is nice how they try to prove someone wrong that calls their religion a violent one, by killing and blowing up things.

Forgot what Pope it was that was shot before but I believe it was a Muslim that shot him.

Not all Muslims are Terrorist BUT all Terrorists are Muslims.

aplusmnt":2knv9jgy said:
Forgot what Pope it was that was shot before but I believe it was a Muslim that shot him.

I consider street gangs terrorists. Look at the IRA, aren't they terrorists? Ex husbands and ex wives could be considered terrorists. I could go on and on. Terrorists come in all shapes, sizes, religions, cultures, colors, and gender. I think call all terrorists muslims is kind of painting with a broad brush.

Just my 2 cents.

Alice

Alice":ntx80xmt said:
aplusmnt":ntx80xmt said:

I consider street gangs terrorists. Look at the IRA, aren't they terrorists? Stalkers are terrorists. Ex husbands and ex wives could be considered terrorists if they don't want to separate or don't like the way the divorce is going. I could go on and on. Terrorists come in all shapes, sizes, religions, cultures, colors, and gender. I think call all terrorists muslims is kind of painting with a broad brush.

Just my 2 cents.

Alice

I think that the Pope used very poor judgement in bringing up any text or dialogue (even from ancient texts) that would potentially fuel issues related to our current international terrorist things. He was totally out of place and should have not commented on such since it opened the door to more outrages from the Muslims.

The same could be said if Pope had attacked or (politically incorrect) commented on any HOT issue that had the probability of inciting serious reprocussions.

The Pope should have known better! Forget that the comment was about Muslims...it could have been about ANY highly incitable issue. The Pope is and has been out of the loop for decades (centuries) about the realities of current world events and perhaps good common sense...

And, I am Catholic... however, I can think for myself... enough said...

Alice":2zvwsugh said:
aplusmnt":2zvwsugh said:

I consider street gangs terrorists. Look at the IRA, aren't they terrorists? Ex husbands and ex wives could be considered terrorists. I could go on and on. Terrorists come in all shapes, sizes, religions, cultures, colors, and gender. I think call all terrorists muslims is kind of painting with a broad brush.

Just my 2 cents.

Alice

I would agree with you there Alice, I think Aplus: would have been better to have said a lot of Terrorists are Muslim, I have been in an IRA bombing in London, I was driving past the Canary Walf building, it is a bit like the Twin Towers was on a little bit smaller scale' when an IRA bomb went off, I was lucky I was not hurt. My Husband and Son said it shook our house and we live 11 miles away. and my Brother said 'the vibrations blew him off of his sofa' he lives 3 miles away. the terrorists that our Police arrested a few weeks ago said 'that there were plans to fly into the Canary Walf Towers, to replicate the 9/11'.
they go on trial in a few weeks time, I hope after they have been tried here they get sent to the States so they can be tried and executed there as we don't have the death penalty anymore. I know that is not a Christian thing to say, but they can still get things sent and done on the outside.

Alice":1gacp98s said:
aplusmnt":1gacp98s said:

Just my 2 cents.

Alice

You use an awful broad brush there. I am talking about Terrorist against America at this time in History and they are of the Muslim Faith. Husband and gangs are not terrorist, to have that kind of broad interpretation of what a terrorist is would lead to compassion and liberal handling of them.

The terrorist out to get us here in the U.S. are Muslims as most Terrorist world wide are of the Muslim Faith.

"According to the most common definition of terrorism typically used by states, academics, counter-terrorism experts and non-governmental organizations, "terrorists" are actors who don't belong to any recognized armed forces or who don't adhere to the laws of war and who are, therefore, regarded as "rogue actors".

No matter what the religion, nationality, or any other character that separates one group from another, all terrorists are the dregs of any society. They are the rabid pack of wild dogs and need to be treated as such. HUNTED DOWN AND EXTERMINATED!

kjones":2olp5ree said:
No matter what the religion, nationality, or any other character that separates one group from another, all terrorists are the dregs of any society. They are the rabid pack of wild dogs and need to be treated as such. HUNTED DOWN AND EXTERMINATED!

I certainly don't disagree with that.

Alice

Running Arrow Bill":1wwpkdpd said:
I think that the Pope used very poor judgement in bringing up any text or dialogue (even from ancient texts) that would potentially fuel issues related to our current international terrorist things. He was totally out of place and should have not commented on such since it opened the door to more outrages from the Muslims.

The same could be said if Pope had attacked or (politically incorrect) commented on any HOT issue that had the probability of inciting serious reprocussions.

The Pope should have known better! Forget that the comment was about Muslims...it could have been about ANY highly incitable issue. The Pope is and has been out of the loop for decades (centuries) about the realities of current world events and perhaps good common sense...

And, I am Catholic... however, I can think for myself... enough said...

So you don't believe in free speach?

Latest posts