Newest Addition

Help Support CattleToday:

6M Ranch

Reaction score
What do you think about our new Angus heifer?

Kippy_2.jpg

I cant find one thing wrong with her from that picture except that she isnt on her way to my place. Your not far from OKlahoma so you can drop her off anytime. Good luck with her i think she will do your program good and make some show-ring-ass-kickers.

Must agree, I don't even like black animals, but I would not be ashamed to let her in the front pasture. Hope she makes as pretty a cow.

As an angus she is very good, as a Show heifer(other breeds other than angus) she would have enough hair, and wouldnt be thick enough, she is also light quartered. BUT as an angus she is GREAT

Nice calf, for a black one. :) Snider, keep your eyes open. She almost looks like she is planning her escape - could be headed your way! :)

She'd compete locally. She'd get docked at anything more than a county show though. She's pretty. But she isnt thick enough to compete at anything big around here.
I, also, and not a fan of most angus show heifers.
Everyonce in a while one comes along that I dont mind or even love.
I dont mind yours.
Good luck with her.

She looks great. I dont even see how anyone can detrmine her thickness from a side profile picture.
How old is she and who's she out of ? People need to remember that an Angus is not a maine, semi, Limi or a Brahman. It's an Angus bred for specific purposes. Otherwise we would show the alltogether. She should be very competitive from what I see. :tiphat:

You can get a fairly good idea of how thick she is by the angle of that photo, you can tell she doesn't track wide, so you can tell she ain't super thick. you can also tell she dont have much lower quarter, but shes an angus so she will do good

I'm not going to comment on this heifer until you get a better photo where we can see her FEET and LEGS. These are the most important things hence the first things I look at. Without being able to comment on her structural soundness, I do not want to comment at all.

Thanks for all the comments. One thing to remember, she won't compete against other breeds, only Angus. I'll try and post another angle this weekend.

Latest posts