Newer baler

Help Support CattleToday:

swanny

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade the old Vermeer 605 G baler, she has been part of the family for 15 years. Ive been running it for all this time I didnt know there are open throat and closed balers until I started looking into upgrading. So now here is the question what would be a good upgrade? I roll 4 to 5 hundred bale a year, I live 2 to 3 hours from any implement dealer so when Im broke down Im screwed. I have a limited budget so I am looking for used instead of new. One more thing I have tractors ranging in HP from 30 to 140. Thanks, Tom

You are going to get all kinds of answers to this. It will be like Ford or chevrolet. Your dealer will be the answer. Is he helpful kind and does he or she want you for their customer. My dealer is about 120 miles away I get better service from him than I can 20 miles away.

I bought a Vermeer 605L last spring. Very nice outfit - bales nicely.

I agree however - go with your closest, and most customer friendly dealer.

Couple years ago I went from a Vermeer 605F to vermeer 605K, been very well pleased with the K.
I have had very little problem with my K and does a god job of baling. Baled corn stalks and milo stalks last year because of drought and had no problem balng them.
Good Luck

for price and no more hay than you are putting up I'd go with the vermeer rebel, bearings and sprockets can be picked up at most parts/equipment dealers. It's just a basic no frill baler.

And I'd also buy new too I've been seeing some used balers at auction going for almost what you can get a new Rebel for.
No belts, bearings and sprockets to worry about for awhile when you buy new :D

Agree with the above comment.

For the amount of bales you are saying, I would think the Vermeer Rebel would be a great way to go. Last time I priced one, it was about $17,000 or so with the net wrap.

Latest posts