New Website

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
i have just started a website and would love it if you could all check it out and contribute. It is called Voice Of The Herd and it is a place where consumers can go to learn about cattle farming (both beef and dairy) and a place where farmers can connect by writing articles and opinion pieces. I am sick of the general public hearing about ag in a negative light so I want to bring them the truth and give them a place to get the facts. It isn't a site that involves money or anything, just a free site that I have dedicated my free time to. I am looking for photos, articles, etc.. (more info on the site) so if you would like to contribute please let me know. The site URL is http://VoiceOfTheHerd.weebly.com and the email address is [email protected]. Thanks.

May be a good cow,but is a bad photo. doesn't show her good points

Thanks for the input, but remember that a good portion of this site is for the general public, who don't know what a "good" cow is. I did change the first pic, ryder. I tried to pick one that showed a 'happy' cow that people are going to be attracted to, and I plan on changing the pic regularly. If you have a pic to submit that I can use, or can point me to one online that is available for use, I'd love to see it. Any more suggestions? I'm OK with criticism as long as its constructive

Looks like an intersting site with a lot of possiblities. I know I have things to say but when approached with a blank sheet it is just like taking an essay test until something triggers a thought I cannot add anything, but I will keep checking the site as time allows. Good Luck with the worthy goal. JLP

Thank you all for checking it out I appreciate it! If anyone is interested in writing an article or editorial or has any ideas, please let me know!

There are some people on this site, CT, that have very good websites. You might look around and contact some of them for info. Maybe borrow pictures from them or from breed associations. Some of them may be willing to honestly critique your work.

If you are serious, then you want the public to get a favorable impression from your site so you need to do a first class job. I don't know anything about building websites, but I'm sure you need to look at everything with a very critical eye.

I couldn't find the political section ??? :D

It could take off. Will have to check back in from time to time.

backhoeboogie":1v94ob7i said:
I couldn't find the political section ??? :D

It could take off. Will have to check back in from time to time.
I'm hoping it will...anyone have any suggestions about how to get the word out there? I'm not really having a problem getting it to the farmers, thanks to CT, etc., but I need to share it with consumers and am not sure how to get it out there...I put an ad on craigslist & on my facebook page but need more ideas...thanks.

Latest posts