new used truck time.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
its time for me to get a new used truck. yall got any suggestions?
leaning toward a f250 or 350 or a dodge dually of some sort.

Beefy,

We have been Chev type for years. In '06 we decided to look at Dodge also. Long/short...we went with Dodge and got a 2500 and 1500...heavy duty.

They perform well with the 5.7 engine there is plenty of power. They ride nice and handle well. We have had no problems. They have been recalled 3 times for small items, seat belt, airbag and ignition thing. But, that seems to be normal these days. As I look at the re-sale value numbers they are a little less.

Will go with Dodge again. A good worker.

Beefy":18d2nhcl said:

Have cfpinz find you one on ebay.

dun

dun":1h5npi45 said:
Beefy":1h5npi45 said:

Have cfpinz find you one on ebay.

dun

I'll second that one. CF sure has helped me a bunch.

I would recommend a F250 or 350 with the 7.3 diesel. I really like mine so far.

ive never had a dodge before, have had F-150s. this truck will be both work and my main ride. will need 4wd and be able to haul cows.

are there any year model fords or dodges i need to be leary of?

Beefy":2ctqlpag said:
ive never had a dodge before, have had F-150s. this truck will be both work and my main ride. will need 4wd and be able to haul cows.

are there any year model fords or dodges i need to be leary of?

For my most recent ebay purchase I wanted a Dudge because I think the cummins motor is better than the powerstroke. But every dodge I drove had trouble staying between the ditches (late 90s models). My wife has a 99 Dudge 2500 with less than 50k on it, drives worse than my old Ford I just sold that had 350k on it. She got pulled over a few months back, deputy thought she was driving drunk. Every dodge I've ever been around has had it's quirks.

As far as Fords go, I like the 7.3 Powerstrokes, not really impressed with the 6.0s. In the old body style (97 and older) get a F350, they have the Dana 60 solid front axle, nice. Also keep in mind the cab/chassis trucks have different frames and better springs than a factory p/u bed truck.

cfpinz

Dad has a Dodge and it is hard as he!! to keep on the road compared to my F350. I would go with a 7.3 F250 or F350. I have had quite a bit of problems with mine lately but most of it stems from not driving it enough, i.e. dead batteries when I need to haul a cow to the vet :mad: