New tractor.

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Father in law wants a new tractor. He can't stand that i grew up eith John Deer and he did with Case. He wats a med. sized tractor with front end loader. He has spotted some Masseys. i don't know about them.

Scotty

HatCreekFan":rl00nj08 said:
flaboy will know about 'em.

How can I pass up an invite like that? :lol:

Yeah, I have four Massey's. I love them all. Easy to get parts for almost anywhere although they don't need them very often. When you say medium size, what are you looking for?

Here's my Massey cost $2200 what a deal.

100_0031.jpg

does he want a new new massey or just a different model becasue if u want a medium sized one i owuld go with the massey 165 but do not get the massey loader they are horrible)at least the older ones)

My New Holland TL100A is a piece. 382 hours on it and my latest problem is the powersteering is acting up. Eleven months left on the warranty and then I'm getting rid of it. I'm a 3rd generation Ford/New Holland owner and seriously thinking about going green. New Holland still has great hay equipment, but their tractors sure have gone down hill since my grandfather bought his Ford 8N. I'm rebuilding the 8N's engine and giving it a new coat of paint. Looking forward to seeing it in the hay field next year for it's 52nd hay season.

DD RANCH":2lxwkz7n said:

Yep, that was a deal. Did it run when ya got it? Wouldn't fit through some of my gates. :lol:

flaboy+":3p63il7d said:
DD RANCH":3p63il7d said:

Yep, that was a deal. Did it run when ya got it? Wouldn't fit through some of my gates. :lol:

Yep starts and run's great it has a 3208 cat diesel in it I just had a new clutch put in it.The tires are about 75% tread they are worth more than I paid for it.

DD RANCH":3c6wr9b0 said:
flaboy+":3c6wr9b0 said:
DD RANCH":3c6wr9b0 said:

Yep starts and run's great it has a 3208 cat diesel in it I just had a new clutch put in it.The tires are about 75% tread they are worth more than I paid for it.

Is that what they call a compact tractor in Florida?

dun

dun":2hgz9xax said:
DD RANCH":2hgz9xax said:
flaboy+":2hgz9xax said:
DD RANCH":2hgz9xax said:

dun

Naw, this one is utility. :lol: Got have all those tires to get through the swamp mud down here.

flaboy+":3efmn3ru said:
dun":3efmn3ru said:
DD RANCH":3efmn3ru said:
flaboy+":3efmn3ru said:
DD RANCH":3efmn3ru said:

dun

Naw, this one is utility. :lol: Got have all those tires to get through the swamp mud down here.

I figured it was just one size bigger then a riding lawnmower, not clear up to utility size

dun

dun":27dq46mx said:
I figured it was just one size bigger then a riding lawnmower, not clear up to utility size

dun

Trust me I could stick it. :shock: I have stuck everything I have. I can't imagine what it would take to pull that sucker out of my blue clay mud.

flaboy+":ganpr2ts said:
dun":ganpr2ts said:

dun

Trust me I could stick it. :shock: I have stuck everything I have. I can't imagine what it would take to pull that sucker out of my blue clay mud.

Friend of mine has an excavating business and while it was too wet to do much, he diceded to disk one of his fields, got stuck past the axles. Used a Big Oliver. Tried his grader, took his 2 cats to get that out. After a week of dry weather it took both cats, the grader and several F350 4wds to get the tractor out.

dun

Ok, here's a picture of my lawn mower.
The Cougar, spreads five high-speed "Disco" mowers across a 45-ft. swath. And it will run those mowers across a field of hay at working speeds up to 13 mph on big, compaction-reducing floater tires. Top transport speed on the road is 25 mph. All five mowing units fold automatically for a transport width of just 10 ft. The comfortable cab rotates 180° for transport so the mowing units are behind the operator.

A 480-hp, 12-l DamlierChrysler engine.

cougar.jpg

I wish!

I have a blue one and its been a good tractor has over 7000 hours on it, but I also have 5 red tractors ( 3massey 2 IH ) and two old ferguson (later merged with massey) They're all good if you take care of them . The newest one has over 2000 hrs and the oldest has over 12,000 hrs .