New toy

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
My new-to-me toy :D Its only an 8'. I need to get a couple more pics up so some of yall can show me how to fix the deal to lift it... or how to put a hydraulic cylinder on it. It works but you have to get out and manually flip this little deal. It acts like there is a spring or some thing missing.

graindrill.jpg

There should be a rope attached to a long lever up in front of the seed box. Pull it once and it drops, pull it again and it raises. If not you need to take apart that round clutch type deal that has the notch in it. May be a broken dog or spring or it could be just so packed with grease that it can't work properly. Those old JD-Van Brunts are really good drills. Yours looks like it has the horn type open seed depositers (Model FB-A). If so it will only do a decent job in a prepared seed bed. If you can find a "B" model it has a double disk opener and will work well in a prepared seed bed or in grass like pastures etc.

Brute 23":3bohkzqn said:
I paid $250 for myne... Id be willing to give you the same. :)

Deal lol but only if you pull it back to your house by mule lol
I have buyers remorse for that I use it some but not alot I rent it out more than anything.

Brute 23":ip00rydw said:
Thanks dun. I have a little more to finish up then I will tear in to it. Its mainly for hobby use. Plant oats and rye for deer. If they come up good Ill rotate cattle in and out.
What kind of oats are you planting ?

I ended up with Bob Oats. My usuall place was out and that was all the next closest had.

It going to be interesting this year. I slung out jumbo rye with a fert buggy when I put fert out. Didn't know if I got a good cover so I drilled oats back across it to be sure.

Brute 23":b1o2jmgh said:
I ended up with Bob Oats. My usuall place was out and that was all the next closest had.

It going to be interesting this year. I slung out jumbo rye with a fert buggy when I put fert out. Didn't know if I got a good cover so I drilled oats back across it to be sure.

Wow lol I think you will be alright when it starts to come up dont forget to share a pic with us.

Latest posts