New tome run around pickup

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Got a new to me little pickup today. It will save on fuel expense compared to the 3/4 ton diesel pickup. Also save on wear and tear on the big pickup which would cost a fortune to replace. It is a 1994 S-10 extended cab 4wd. Owned by two old ladies who never even drove it to church. It is 28 years old and only has 62,900 miles on it. They averaged driving 2,250 miles a year. Got a great deal. It is far from cherry. They may have rubbed a gate post or two while driving through a gate. But what they didn't bend or scratch I probably will.
P6172951.JPGP6172950.JPG

Other than the bowtie on the front thats the perfect truck. I always prefer to buy mine pre scratched but running good. Doesn't hurt near as bad to dent one again as it does to dent one the first time. They are tough and dependable even if they are a GM product.

I had a S-10 ZR2 the same color. Got it with 264,000 miles ran the wheels off it. It finally died at 310,000. They are bomb proof.

(y) Good deal. I have a little ford ranger 4x4 that is in the 80's... a 2 wd ranger that is a '96? run them all the time. Son has a little GMC , 96 or 97 or something that he runs ... really saves on gas to run the small ones. You did great to get that one with such low mileage.... ought to last until they refuse to renew your drivers permit....:ROFLMAO:
🤫;)

I had a S-10 ZR2 the same color. Got it with 264,000 miles ran the wheels off it. It finally died at 310,000. They are bomb proof.
I had an 86 S-10. Put 360,000 miles on it. Turned it over to the youngest daughter when she got her license. She got another 5,000 before she destroyed it.

Other than the bowtie on the front thats the perfect truck. I always prefer to buy mine pre scratched but running good. Doesn't hurt near as bad to dent one again as it does to dent one the first time. They are tough and dependable even if they are a GM product.
I took pictures of the best angle. The right side has taken a beating but the door still works fine.

You might find that the 4.3 is not much of a gas saver. They'll run forever though, just a 350 with the front two cylinders cut off.

It is a V-6
I had a full size, two wheel drive, 4.3, stick that I bought cheap because the engine was knocking. I don't believe they had ever changed the oil in it. I put some trans fluid in and changed the oil in 500 miles, then again trans fluid and another 500 miles, and after about five oil changes the engine was running quiet. I think the lifters were collapsed due to the thick original oil.

In any case, I got a reliable 24 MPG with that truck on the hiway for three years and sold the truck for a profit. I liked that truck just fine.

Good little unit... I'm looking to get something like a small Dakota or perhaps a half ton and putting a 4bt cummins in it.. already have the engine and transmission so it wouldn't take much

Got a new to me little pickup today. It will save on fuel expense compared to the 3/4 ton diesel pickup. Also save on wear and tear on the big pickup which would cost a fortune to replace. It is a 1994 S-10 extended cab 4wd. Owned by two old ladies who never even drove it to church. It is 28 years old and only has 62,900 miles on it. They averaged driving 2,250 miles a year. Got a great deal. It is far from cherry. They may have rubbed a gate post or two while driving through a gate. But what they didn't bend or scratch I probably will.
View attachment 17999View attachment 18000
Had the same truck and year, only with 100k more miles, bother in law has it now.
It's to bad this size truck doesn't meet "highway safety standards for new vehicles" because I would love to have a new one.

Good little unit... I'm looking to get something like a small Dakota or perhaps a half ton and putting a 4bt cummins in it.. already have the engine and transmission so it wouldn't take much
Wish I could find one of those 4BT/trans here for a decent price. I have a 1958 M37 that I'd like to restomod and that's on my wish list to replace the original drivetrain.

You might find that the 4.3 is not much of a gas saver. They'll run forever though, just a 350 with the front two cylinders cut off.
Yesterday on the way home I got 19 mpg. The 3/4 of a tank of gas that was in was most likely 6 + months old. Fresh gas, a tune up, new air filter, etc will gain me a couple of miles per gallon. My '86 reliably got 22-23 mpg. Still beats the mileage on that old power stroke with 300K on it. And right now gas here is $5.37 and diesel is $6.17 so there is that savings. Miles I put on this little cheap S-10 are miles I don't put on the bigger pickup

Nice little truck as you said will save your big truck. That is sorta my thinking as I have 38k on a 20 year old 3/4 truck, but put 300k+ each with help from wife on a couple smaller vehicles during that time.

Nice little truck as you said will save your big truck. That is sorta my thinking as I have 38k on a 20 year old 3/4 truck, but put 300k+ each with help from wife on a couple smaller vehicles during that time.
I really appreciate you keeping the miles off my truck for me. I will reward you handsomely when the time comes.😂

Latest posts