new to the fourm

Help Support CattleToday:

morecows

Reaction score
I 've been reading for some time and dreaming of getting into raising cattle, Last week I bought 60 acres in florida with about 50 acres being in pasture land. Very nice pice with a creek running through the back. The owner sold me some of his cattle also to get me started. A Braford Bull & seven breed cows due in december. This is all new to me I have never raised cattle I know I have a lot to learn. just wanted to interduce myself.

Welcome and congratulations as JHH said 24 and 7. But if you are like me you'll love every second of it.

Welcome aboard. Ask anything you need. There is alot of experience here and someone can help you if you want.

We are fairly new also. I have found this to be a very good question and answer forum. I have found out lots of interesting things and have gotten some very good advice. Good Luck! :cboy:

Welcome....now go out and check your fences.
Never be afraid to ask questions...a wealth of knowledge freely shared. Good luck to y'all.
Sue & Dave

Oh yeah...get yourself a good cow/calf management guide.

Welcome from another Floridian. Are you a cracker or a transplant? Just want to get started on the right foot. :lol: :lol:

flaboy":3hm5ifnr said:
Welcome from another Floridian. Are you a cracker or a transplant? Just want to get started on the right foot. :lol: :lol:
Flaboy is our resident "Frustrated Floridian" If you have any Northern relatives, heading to FL. this Winter, make sure you have them look him up. He runs a Bed and Breakfast at his place for 39.95 a night. The beds are in the Barn, and the Breakfast menu features such delicacies as Tripe, Chitlins, Jowls, Rocky Mountain Oysters, Mudfish and Sushi.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, Were would I get the cow/calf Management guide ? Im shure I will have alot of questions,thanks for the help in advance. I was born in florida , lived here for 36 years.

morecows":12bh2x94 said:
Thanks for the warm welcomes, Were would I get the cow/calf Management guide ? Im shure I will have alot of questions,thanks for the help in advance. I was born in florida , lived here for 36 years.

MU extension has one and I'm sure most of the other universitys in livestock growing areas have as well.
I have the one from MU, it's half a dozen booklets that covers everything from breed selection to book keeping

dun

Welcome morecows! This is a great place, so is Florida. What part of the state do you call home? Please PM me if I can be of any help. I'm out of Manatee County. Enjoy the land.

Latest posts