New to me flatbed

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Picked up this flatbed Monday night for a song. Pulled my bed yesterday evening, and got it in place this morning. Now I just need to weld some tabs on and bolt it down to the frame. I think I'm going to like having it.

hooknline":1deb7f9r said:
Picked up this flatbed Monday night for a song. Pulled my bed yesterday evening, and got it in place this morning. Now I just need to weld some tabs on and bolt it down to the frame. I think I'm going to like having it.
This thread is worthless without pics. :D

Isomade":y8g1t4mq said:
hooknline":y8g1t4mq said:
This thread is worthless without pics. :D
Oops. 4 hrs sleep does that
photo-184.jpg

Are you going to use the ball in the bed. In the picture it looks pretty far behind the axle.

The bed wasnt all the way up yet, but the ball is about 9" behind the axle after fully installed. Not ideal but it'll work

On a ford, what a waste.
Bigfoot, on a full double cab with a short bed it either has to be behind the axle or you for sure will get the trailer into the cab if the trailer has an enclosed neck. Ask me how I know. Nope, I didnt own the truck but do own the trailer. :?

Thanks KT. I never knew that. But I have never owned a short bed truck either. Looks good Hook, you might need a pair of air bags to haul much weight though from the bumper.

highgrit":2su4zv1b said:
Thanks KT. I never knew that. But I have never owned a short bed truck either.

Many of the newer trucks are full double cab but still the same wheelbase. People dont think about where the extra room for the second seats came from. I have a standard cab short wheel base 3500 dodge and until the trailer is where you are looking forward to see the rear trailer door it dont hit the cab. I did do that one. :help:

Angus Cowman":1am1xx9a said:
kenny thomas":1am1xx9a said:
On a ford, what a waste.
KT that flatbed brought his truck up in worth
He might be able to get his $600 back if he soild the flatbed with the truck now could probly get more if he sold the flatbed and didn't make them take the truck :lol2: :lol2:
Gotta have something to pull the broke down dodges with

What model is your truck? Our 2000 F250 looks just like it.
If the bed is a bit too heavy, you can get a helper spring put on it. It works as well or better than air bags and is not as expensive.
My husband's work truck is a 3/4 ton and he pulls a heavy trailer that really needs a one ton dually. It has made a huge difference in how the trailer sits on the truck and pulls.

Latest posts