new steers

Help Support CattleToday:

rimranch

Reaction score
I have a show this week end and was just wondering which one you thought was better, they have been shown before but in pens so i don't know how good they are. just say what ever you think I won't hold any grudges :lol: :lol:
Jack about 550
jacksideview-1.jpg

jackbutt.jpg

Will about 600
willsideview.jpg

willbackview.jpg

Hmm...they are both pretty nice. But what I would like to see would be Jack's butt on Will. They both look a little high in the flank to me but it could just be the pictures. You should have kneeled down instead of standing when you took the pics. But based on the pics, I would actually think that Jack looks the best. Will also has a high tail head it looks like. Jack is wide down his back and he has nice bone. If you can only taake one of them, then take Jack.

P.S. (Did you name these steers off of Will & Grace?)

I did name them after will and grace i like to name my steers in groups my last three were named Duke, Luke, and Bo

I don't know, its a difficult pick for me. From the side, Jack lacks depth of barrel, depth of butt and style and looks to carry less thickness than Will. However, Jack's butt from the other photo is clearly superior, which leads me to think maybe the side photo is just a bad shot.

Will from the side looks far thicker, deeper and carrying more red meat all over than Jack. However, he doesn't have the length or the butt from the back that Jack has.

As was said, the ideal would be Jack's butt on Will. I'm not sure which I would pick if I had to choose one. Anyway, let us know how you go with them, and good luck!

I think they both look nice.
YOur not going to have a perfect steer. If so you wouldnt have anything to work to improve on.
I kinda like the tail head on him. I think as he grows it will be fine.
keep up the good work.

Latest posts