New Sports illustrated Cover (old news but funny)

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattleman200

Reaction score
sports_illustrated_cover.jpg

Sorry could`nt resist this one.

Circle H Ranch

I quit watching the news in January 2008. I'm in kind of a blissfully ignorant state. I don't get it.

Bigfoot":irq3z07r said:
I quit watching the news in January 2008. I'm in kind of a blissfully ignorant state. I don't get it.

It's referring to a guy named Mante Te'o, a linebacker for Notre Dame. Who now is the king of gullibility. He met, what he thought was a girl, online and carried on a relationship with her for two or so years. Never met her and never did a online video chat with her. She supposedly died the same day his grandmother died. He made over a thousand phone calls to her and it seems like over a 100 of those lasted over an hour. It all turned out to be a big hoax and when he was talking to his imaginary girlfriend on the phone the girlfriend was really a guy, the guy pulling the hoax. I know te'o is a kid, but really? He never thought anything was weird? Brains not included. The name by the empty bikini is name of his imaginary friend.

Thanks Alan, Bigfoot... You are right it is a bizarre thing that Te`o did but heck, I thought it was worth looking at the post just to see the pic of Katherine Webb ! LOL

Circle H Ranch

I read a little about this guy today. It's actually kind of sad. That would be embarrassing enough if it just happened to a normal person in their hometown, much less on a national stage. I'm sure he was lonely or depressed or something to have fallen for this. Im probably the only soft hearted Sam that feels this way. I'll admit I just read a blurb about the situation, but it struck me as an awfully bad thing for someone to do to him.

Alan":251rm6is said:
Bigfoot":251rm6is said:

It's referring to a guy named Mante Te'o, a linebacker for Notre Dame. Who now is the king of gullibility. He met, what he thought was a girl, online and carried on a relationship with her for two or so years. Never met her and never did a online video chat with her. She supposedly died the same day his grandmother died. He made over a thousand phone calls to her and it seems like over a 100 of those lasted over an hour. It all turned out to be a big hoax and when he was talking to his imaginary girlfriend on the phone the girlfriend was really a guy, the guy pulling the hoax. I know te'o is a kid, but really? He never thought anything was weird? Brains not included. The name by the empty bikini is name of his imaginary friend.
No, he was actually talking to a girl. It was the pranksters cousin. Not that that helps his reputation much.

Bigfoot":1sq8l5c6 said:
I read a little about this guy today. It's actually kind of sad. That would be embarrassing enough if it just happened to a normal person in their hometown, much less on a national stage. I'm sure he was lonely or depressed or something to have fallen for this. Im probably the only soft hearted Sam that feels this way. I'll admit I just read a blurb about the situation, but it struck me as an awfully bad thing for someone to do to him.

Your not the only one. The kid is 20 ish. And if that is the worst thing they can publish about him, he is probably a pretty decent kid. Does anyone on here feel like they have a friend on the forum that they haven't met in person? Pretty close to the same deal. Isn't Kathy sending her husband down to Florida?

Not trying to make this political but it sure highlights my thoughts on the matter- What I don't understand is how reporters have time to chase down an impersonator of an online relationship and ridicule the kid, and yet they all reported that a youtube video caused the 9-11 attacks this year that KILLED 4 Americans and no one cares.

Poor kid, he at least stopped talking to the girl. Stupid American public keeps eating it up.

I don't think the American public is eating it up, I know I got sick of the story a long time ago. I believe it's the media forcing the story on and on and on. ESPN reported the person Te'o was spending all that time talking to was really a guy, well that turned out to be a bad tip they got but they ran the story anyway .... Got to break it first true or not.

As far as the kid goes, he's an idiot! What kind of mental moron carries on a long term relationship with someone he's never met? Granted there's guy and gals in this world like that but this kid was the star linebacker for one of the best teams and certainly one of the most recognized teams in the country. I'm sure he could have found several dates on campus without much effort. I certainly do not feel sorry for him and I'm not so sure he wasn't in on the whole thing for the hype and exposure.

I have an in-law, that met someone on line--from Sri-Lanka--they talked back and forth for a few weeks. He flew her over there and convinced her to marry him on the spot. She came right back, decked out in all that Hindu garb, spot on her forehead and everything. The wedded bliss (from afar) lasted about 2 weeks. He was @ least 30 years older than she and was just looking for a sponsor so he could do business in this country--and you never saw an uglier man in your life.

Ya can't fix stupid..

Alan":3dl5r5dy said:
I don't think the American public is eating it up, I know I got sick of the story a long time ago. I believe it's the media forcing the story on and on and on. ESPN reported the person Te'o was spending all that time talking to was really a guy, well that turned out to be a bad tip they got but they ran the story anyway .... Got to break it first true or not.

As far as the kid goes, he's an idiot! What kind of mental moron carries on a long term relationship with someone he's never met? Granted there's guy and gals in this world like that but this kid was the star linebacker for one of the best teams and certainly one of the most recognized teams in the country. I'm sure he could have found several dates on campus without much effort. I certainly do not feel sorry for him and I'm not so sure he wasn't in on the whole thing for the hype and exposure.

Guess I wasn't very clear Alan, I wasn't speaking to this story about the eating it up part. I was meaning the lack of credibility of so many stories. We eat it all up right or wrong, with a perfect example of what you are mentioning above.

They are critical of the kid for not knowing the facts of the individual he is thinking he is talking to, but then turn around and report incorrect information trying to break the story. We crucify the kid but let the reporter slide. Its past ironic and sad. Its the reporters j. o. b. to be credible.

Feel like its all part of the loss of morality and wholesomeness of our nation. Reporters use to get canned for that kind of stuff. Of course, that was when you use to be able to shake hands on something and it meant something.

Okay, since you guys are all "in the know" about who's who, someone tell me all about Katherine Webb... No bad stuff please. :cboy:

cow pollinater":3e7pdtg9 said:
Okay, since you guys are all "in the know" about who's who, someone tell me all about Katherine Webb... No bad stuff please. :cboy:
[youtube]STaVjlygQp8[/youtube]

Well she don't know guns, her gun is a model 742 or 7400 Woodsmaster made by Remington.
Still good that she's a gun owner, and hunter.

Latest posts