New Shotgun

Help Support CattleToday:

newrancher

Reaction score
I don't normally buy NEW guns,but this one was just too sexy. I've had several mossberg 500's and loved them all, so when I saw the 590 I just had to have it. The action is alittle stiff but I think will loosen up after a little shooting,gonna have to find a slipon recoil pad though, my shoulder aint what it used to be. Any recommendations?

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
newrancher":1ft61be0 said:
I don't normally buy NEW guns,but this one was just too sexy. I've had several mossberg 500's and loved them all, so when I saw the 590 I just had to have it. The action is alittle stiff but I think will loosen up after a little shooting,gonna have to find a slipon recoil pad though, my shoulder aint what it used to be. Any recommendations?

Try Midway you can find anything. Allways nice to get a new shotgun I hunt with a Mossberg 500 when I go up the river. If I drop it overboard I don't have to drown trying to save it like my old Model 12's or my Brownings.

dun

Reaction score
If you have the cruiser grip with it, try some light trap loads first before you get too tenthusiastic about the cruiser grip and heavy loads.

OP
N

newrancher

Reaction score
No cruiser grip,but it does have the speed feed stock.No real plans for any mods other than the pad right now. I call it my devastation stick haha. Question for you dun, my son in law inherited a winchester model 52. I think it is a sporter, it has the cheek piece on the stock and a 2x lyman scope 30,000 serial#. A real sweet shooter but I can't seem to find an approximate value. I'm guessing about $450, of course it's priceless to him[grandpas gun] but I want to make sure he understands that he needs to hold on to it. He has had a history in the pawn shops.

denoginnizer

Reaction score
I dont see how anybody can see beauty in a mossburg. Thats like saying rosie odenell is fine.
Sexy would be a parker side by side.

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
denoginnizer":2scie3a3 said:
I dont see how anybody can see beauty in a mossburg. Thats like saying rosie odenell is fine.
Sexy would be a parker side by side.

Have to argue with you on that I say L.C. Smith or Winchester 21.
Oh today is opening day of dove season and I happen to see a 21 in 16 gauge, but it's not going a Remington SxS in 16 is. Nothing finer than burnt powder and feathers flying, I am not going to do a dang thing today except dove hunt.

denoginnizer

Reaction score
You may be right on the L.C. Smith. I had one when I was younger not only did it look good but it was deadlier than the grim reapers sickle.

Latest posts