New purchase

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
We sold two, and half way payed for a new one. Needed a 4wd to get around with hay during the winter. I've had an inner ear condition for years and am not able to be on a tractor for more than a couple hours so have been buying hay and hiring out pasture mowing. Downsized a little as all I need is to feed hay and do some random jobs around the farm.
Had been to the point that we were having to be out quite a bit in maintaining the older tractors and a lot of down time waiting for mechanics. I know a lot goes wrong with new ones too, but hopefully it'll go for a while, and the dealership is fairly close. 06D9ED39-B14A-418D-8411-65547E57869F.jpeg

I'm trying to buy a 5100M right now. They don't exist in stock so I'll have to order and wait 8 months

I'm trying to buy a 5100M right now. They don't exist in stock so I'll have to order and wait 8 months
There were only 6 tractors on the lot and the last day we were there was only 4. Some other dealers didn't have any in stock at all. One place said about a year wait on some that had been ordered awhile.

A buddy of mine bought an early 5055E last year, made the remark recently that it has more loader than it has ass. Are the rears loaded?

Neighbor sold his JD5085e a couple months ago to a neighbor and bought a new JD5100M to replace it. The dealer has been out twice for repairs. The last time developed a leak and they had to remove the def tank/equipment to fix. He is kind of a sick puppy. Maybe soon the teething problems get worked out.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine bought an early 5055E last year, made the remark recently that it has more loader than it has ass. Are the rears loaded?
They have fluid. If it needs more we can have weights added to them. That's the problem our 2wd Case had even with weights traction was not good. I always said it had more loader than tractor could handle.

They have fluid. If it needs more we can have weights added to them. That's the problem our 2wd Case had even with weights traction was not good. I always said it had more loader than tractor could handle.
Nice looking rig Ky hills. I have a similar rig (JD5320). I think if you are feeding dry rounds (4 by 4.5 or smaller) you'll be fine. I am feeding wet rounds and when you get a wet one, a little weight in the back is nice.

Nice tractor and i think you will like it. I bought a new 5075e back in 2018 and havent had any issues with it. I have a cab and loaded tires and it handles 5 x 5.5 bales just fine.

We sold two, and half way payed for a new one. Needed a 4wd to get around with hay during the winter. I've had an inner ear condition for years and am not able to be on a tractor for more than a couple hours so have been buying hay and hiring out pasture mowing. Downsized a little as all I need is to feed hay and do some random jobs around the farm.
Had been to the point that we were having to be out quite a bit in maintaining the older tractors and a lot of down time waiting for mechanics. I know a lot goes wrong with new ones too, but hopefully it'll go for a while, and the dealership is fairly close. View attachment 7087

You know I bought a brand new 2565 mahindra tractor 4x4 65hp in 2016. I have had nothing but problems with it. First issue was the 4x4 took it to dealer to check out I was given runaround that it was bushing and shaft. Put a new one brought it home. Well warranty is gone and 4x4 is not working lever keeps popping out which was the original problem I pointed out to dealer. So don't buy mahindra 2565 , tractor built for yard work not for farming big fields.

I have some wheel weights if you need and can't find. I have a 5115m been split twice for hydro leak. Think they got it this time. Thankfully was under warranty

Nice tractor.. What turns me off of JD is the stupid cost and the specialized quick attach that i cant use any of my other quick attach implements on it. I hope it serves you well.

Nice tractor.. What turns me off of JD is the stupid cost and the specialized quick attach that i cant use any of my other quick attach implements on it. I hope it serves you well.
They sell them everyday with the skid steer quick attach just FYI. As for price you get what you pay for. They have a model to compete on whatever level your buying. It will just have better resale and parts availability.