New mule

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Saturday the 4wd mule just quit. No sputtering just died. Got park and fuel, won;t even fire with starting ether. I had come to expect more since it's only 13 years old. I'll be digging into it more sometime this week, hoping it's just carbon sloughing off and keeping a valve from closing.
Anyway, the dealer had a couple year old deisel. Just like the old one but way fewer hours and miles and deisel.
If you have a choice between a deisel and a gas model, go with the gas. The deisel starts great but is so loud you can barely hear someone talking from a couple of feet away. But it sure is a strong puller!

dun

Hope you didn't spring for a new windshield. You could just transfer the one from your old one over to it, it still had a square inch or two that wasn't totally scratched up.

cfpinz

cfpinz":21b24p7d said:
Hope you didn't spring for a new windshield. You could just transfer the one from your old one over to it, it still had a square inch or two that wasn't totally scratched up.

cfpinz

Had a windshield on it already and a top. Also has a work basket on the front, handy for chain saws and stuff and leaving the bed open for hauling real stuff.

dun

You said it was loud, does it scare your cows when you pull up to pet them? Where does the fearless hound ride?

cfpinz

flaboy-":21xv19t2 said:
Jeep Dun. :D They have heaters. :lol: AND they cost less. :shock:

And they won;t fit into the nooks and crannys that the mule will.

dun

dun":ja0q0ya2 said:
flaboy-":ja0q0ya2 said:

And they won;t fit into the nooks and crannys that the mule will.

dun

Bet I can stuff one in any nook and cranny you have. Might not come back out though. :lol:

dun":ht9qt9ad said:
Saturday the 4wd mule just quit. No sputtering just died. Got park and fuel, won;t even fire with starting ether. I had come to expect more since it's only 13 years old. I'll be digging into it more sometime this week, hoping it's just carbon sloughing off and keeping a valve from closing.
Anyway, the dealer had a couple year old deisel. Just like the old one but way fewer hours and miles and deisel.
If you have a choice between a deisel and a gas model, go with the gas. The deisel starts great but is so loud you can barely hear someone talking from a couple of feet away. But it sure is a strong puller!

dun
I have no idea what carb. your mule has on it. Had a 350 prairie Kaw. It did as the mule did. I took it in to a shop. He took the carb off and polished the plunger in it, it has been okay since. This was about a year ago.

Crowderfarms":26k84uc3 said:
flaboy-":26k84uc3 said:
Jeep. Another 4 letter word for Rust. At least a CJ Series. Mules dont rust, and they do make heaters for them. :D

Ah yes the old CJ. When they first came out they were the cats meow. The YJ was pretty tuff for the money. Heck throw a locker in the front and rear and the thing will climb the side of a house. :lol:

YJ's do want to rust around the windshield but a new frame is only about $150 and you are off again. Better yet, pull the interior and Rhino line the floor.

Dun

Last year my Granddad bought a Kubota RTV and a friend bought a John Deere Gator. Both are Diesel and they are very pleased with them. The John Deere Gator has a full enclosed cab with a heater!

Maybe you will get your old mule fixed, if not, there is no since beating a dead mule to death :lol:

We just bought a Land Pride. Its gas powered and 4 wheel drive, with a hard top and soft cab around $11500.
It rides ten times smoother than the EZGO ST480 that we got rid of.

farmerjohn":3cvk2pgj said:
We just bought a Land Pride. Its gas powered and 4 wheel drive, with a hard top and soft cab around $11500.

HOLLY COW! Did they give ya any KY with that. :shock:

flaboy-":2p31kg4l said:
farmerjohn":2p31kg4l said:

HOLLY COW! Did they give ya any KY with that. :shock:

J-lube, K-Y AND a kiss!!!!

Obviously you guys have not bought a new JD Gator, Mule or any other brand lately. You will not find anything less than $10k unless you buy the 12hp one that Tractor Supply sells. It some off of the wall brand

farmerjohn":ic6ioi5r said:
Obviously you guys have not bought a new JD Gator, Mule or any other brand lately. You will not find anything less than $10k unless you buy the 12hp one that Tractor Supply sells. It some off of the wall brand

That's the reason I bought used instead of new. Sticker shock at my age can be fatal

dun

HAY MAKER":tczdwaqx said:
Dun,did you get a winch on the new mule ? mighty handy for stretching fence...............good luck

Nope. I have a winch that fastens over the tow ball in the back.

dun

dun":nu0kxrkl said:
HAY MAKER":nu0kxrkl said:
Dun,did you get a winch on the new mule ? mighty handy for stretching fence...............good luck

Nope. I have a winch that fastens over the tow ball in the back.

dun

I hafta agree with you on the diesel noise,finally got used to mine,them ole black cows did too,when they hear that little diesel rattling ,here they come,are yall still iced in ?...............good luck

Latest posts