New motto for the American auto industry

Help Support CattleToday:

Sad thing is, that while the companies approach bankruptcy, they don't seem to have a problem finding the funds to pay the upper echelon their $ ?? millions in salaries, plus tens of millions in bonus money annually. I guess the bonuses are to show appreciation for the fine job they do running the companies ??

Exactly my point. They gave up diversification and let the entire economy and mid-size car industry be taken over by Japan and Europe. When fuel prices get high and run them out of business because they were geared toward selling cars and trucks to people that did not really need them they beg for help. Meanwhile, as you mentioned, the big wigs get bonuses because they cut thousands of lower level jobs, including a substantial amount of lower level white collar jobs, and claim it is fair they get these bonuses because they kept the finances better than they could have been if they had not made the moves they did.

I do have to say, the blue collars were not totally blameless in this though. They continually negotiated a pay package worth $30/hour more than their counterparts to the East making it nearly impossible to compete with what is produced over there for economy and mid-size markets. I will further say the average worker got there by being fed a bill of goods by a union run by people who's collars were almost always white.

The American auto industry, and it's workers, got "played" by the same people vowed to protect it and them. Now they want the rest of the country to bail them out. It makes me sick!

pwilli3":2n3pwe7x said:
Exactly my point. They gave up diversification and let the entire economy and mid-size car industry be taken over by Japan and Europe. When fuel prices get high and run them out of business because they were geared toward selling cars and trucks to people that did not really need them they beg for help. Meanwhile, as you mentioned, the big wigs get bonuses because they cut thousands of lower level jobs, including a substantial amount of lower level white collar jobs, and claim it is fair they get these bonuses because they kept the finances better than they could have been if they had not made the moves they did.

I do have to say, the blue collars were not totally blameless in this though. They continually negotiated a pay package worth $30/hour more than their counterparts to the East making it nearly impossible to compete with what is produced over there for economy and mid-size markets. I will further say the average worker got there by being fed a bill of goods by a union run by people who's collars were almost always white.

The American auto industry, and it's workers, got "played" by the same people vowed to protect it and them. Now they want the rest of the country to bail them out. It makes me sick!

I have to agree with that. You can't keep offering the pay and lifelong bene's to those workers. And the UAW won't play any other way. They are pricing themselves into this mess and I don't think we should help them.

Lammie":2ktrzh4g said:
pwilli3":2ktrzh4g said:

I have to agree with that. You can't keep offering the pay and lifelong bene's to those workers. And the UAW won't play any other way. They are pricing themselves into this mess and I don't think we should help them.
You two are 'zactly right. There are economic laws and sooner or later they always rule out over the shenanigans of human kind.

When do you think they will bail out all of us farms and ranchers? I mean it seems everyone else has their hand out.

flaboy":3efewlq6 said:
When do you think they will bail out all of us farms and ranchers? I mean it seems everyone else has their hand out.

I figure we're the wealthy hey're gonna take the money from to spread around the wealth

dun":2skgjdnx said:
flaboy":2skgjdnx said:

I figure we're the wealthy hey're gonna take the money from to spread around the wealth

Yup. dun is the wealthy and all the money is coming from him. :roll:

grannysoo":y7rfxmmy said:
dun":y7rfxmmy said:
flaboy":y7rfxmmy said:

Yup. dun is the wealthy and all the money is coming from him. :roll:

I just figured if they take all of our money and spread it around then we could all be poor

We are already there. Husband is looking for a job. He still has one, thank God, but I get that strange feeling that they are going to close that plant down here pretty soon. Trying to get while the getting's good. He's going to one of those Barnett Shale job fairs this weekend. We've been cutting back all we can. At least we caught a break on gas prices for right now. It was gas that was killing us. For now, we have to stick with what we have and pray everything works out. It will be a bumpy ride.

flaboy":28lqpclr said:

They are probably going to wait until after they bail out Exxon/Mobil some time in the future :D Things are really going to be interesting when that happens.

What goes around comes around. Feast or famine.

pwilli3":2m6fg23v said:
The American auto industry, and it's workers, got "played" by the same people vowed to protect it and them. It makes me sick!

Gee sounds an awful lot like dairy cooperatives :(

This sort of thing happened couple years ago here in northeast.Agway (our version of Southern States) was going into the toilet the board and CEO projected a $12 million shortfall. When everything hit the fan they only came up $8.5 million in the hole and celebrated with BONUSES for everybody!!!! This all after they had raped the system to the point where the energy division was the only one making any money at all.Feed, fertilizer,seed, spray, retail stores were all belly up. Makes you wonder what these guys smoke that gives them such a clear vision of reality. :?:

One thing GM hasnt mentioned is how well they are doing over seas. No reason they sould be making money there and going bankrupt here?

Unfortunately I see no bailout in sight for farmers and ranchers. They are the new "elite". They own LAND. The only thing they are not producing more of, so they will not be seen as needy. Politicians are offended by ranchers also because they are the only competition there is for production of B.S. At least ranchers come by it honestly, and try to find a way to get rid of it or make it useful.

Latest posts