NEW HOLLAND t4105 VS JOHN DEERE5105m

Help Support CattleToday:

TANK30705

Reaction score
Any recommendations on the new holland tractors or john deere in 100hp category? The 2 listed in the subject are what I'm considering. Got a heck of a good price on the new holland. So far JD is pricier. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TANK30705":b6insg55 said:
Any recommendations on the new holland tractors or john deere in 100hp category? The 2 listed in the subject are what I'm considering. Got a heck of a good price on the new holland. So far JD is pricier. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I would look up their specs and see which one weighs more, has the bigger hydraulic pump, the most PTO horsepower and a few other things before I made a decision just based on price. There is a pretty good chance the JD is a better tractor for the money.

The 5105m isn't tier4. I would also say that is the way you want to go pollution control on a diesel is never as good as not having it! My preference is the Deere. The power reverser is smoother, where the controls are placed are a huge difference, a little more hydraulics, better visibility for the loader when raised,and those m series tractors are beefy and very well balanced. New Hollands are not bad tractors just not quite on the same level as the Deere tho. Just MHO.

Redbull, it's crazy what we let the EPA do to us. They all burn to much fuel, but you might as well look good doing it. :D

Look for models without tier 4 still in stock. Never thought I would buy another Kubota but I did, got the m108 with out tier 4. Like the darn pretty good, it does a decent job of what I do.

Well everyone says JD is the best. I pretty much agree.
I would like a JD 5105M but none in my area. Gonna have to travel couple miles at least.
Was offered a good trade on my old tractor and a 5100e but I am worried an economy tractor won't last.The new holland is a massive tractor and is suppose to weigh 8400pds, so I'm thinking its not an economy tractor. Its setup about like the deere in the cab.
Opinions???

Looks like the specs are pretty comparable to me. It might come down to how far away the parts people are, warranty, standard equipment versus optional and ease of operation. I learned the other day that extendable arm links are optional on many John Deere's. Thought all manufactures had them as standard equipment.

tank see im the other way.i will not look at consider or trade for a JD tractor.i traded tractors in july an my brother wanted me to trade for a jd an i wouldnt consider it.traded for another kubota.

Latest posts