New Holland Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Howdyjabo

Reaction score
Anyone on here go to New Holland???

I am curious about what the big Steers (1100-1300lbs)that sell good look like.
Are they completely finished? or just big?

New Holldand PA --
I don't know what times they sell-- but they sell Mondays and Thursdays.

New Holland! They are in my backyard. Good Bunch of guys. I sell all my steers (20 a year) through them. Beef sale is on Thursdays. I think the Monday sale is Diary. They had a big feeder sale last Friday, I think. It wasnt advertised well and I missed it. I dont have my farm paper with me, but if you need the number its 717-354-4341. I think on Thursdays it cows at 9 or 9:30 and feeders at 1PM. Better call to be sure. Vintage Sales Stable on RT 30 is only about 30 min away and is good too.

PaMike--- have you sat in on the sale??
If so Did you notice if the big slaughter steers were "finished(fattened)"

Or do you know someone that might know that you could ask?

I am no cattle pro, but I will try to tell you what I know. There arent a ton of guys fattening cattle around here anymore. The guys that do are mainly fattening black angus. Buy in at like 800-900 and go from there. Mainly feeding silage with high moisture corn. The only close sales stables are New Holland and Vintage. The local farm paper has sales reports every week. I dont really understand all the reports, but I could look through it and tell you some of the information if that would help you. They post sales volume, price, and the grade?
Also, there is an order buyer that is at the sales stable all the time. His name is Ron Ranck. If you call the stable and ask for his number they will give it to you. He could tell you what you need to know. He knows his stuff... If you want the sale report from the paper let me know.

Thanks Mike-- I've got access to the sales report.
It really doesn't tell me much other than weight-- and that can be two different kinds of animals .

I will try calling the salebarn and see if I can hook up with Ron-- really appreciate the lead--- might save me from having to make a trip up there to see for myself-- and I HATE traveling.

Latest posts